Clippers buy the Forum for $400 million

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i was thinking that i wouldn't be shocked to see ballmer and the clips tear the forum down out of pettiness but then i realized its listed on the natl. register of historic places so that would be pretty difficult to achieve

glad the clips will finally get their own arena and not have to worry about covering the lakers banners

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Ballmer should buyout the lease at Staples and play at the Honda center during construction they could gain some Orange County fans that way.
don't see that happening. they'll most likely play at staples until their lease is up

i read the new arena would be ready by 2024

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Imagine buying an arena for $400 million in cash JUST so you can go and spend another 1.5 billion for a new arena :laugh: I wish I had these kinds of problems :facepalm:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Imagine buying an arena for $400 million in cash JUST so you can go and spend another 1.5 billion for a new arena :laugh: I wish I had these kinds of problems :facepalm:

Basically there was a lot of legal issues and fights that were threatened if a new arena was built. Now they'll use The Forum as the concert/performance venue and then the new arena as a mostly basketball-specific venue.

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
Basically there was a lot of legal issues and fights that were threatened if a new arena was built. Now they'll use The Forum as the concert/performance venue and then the new arena as a mostly basketball-specific venue.

An issue that had to be dealt with was traffic. The Clippers arena being near the Forum could have created a traffic nightmare. With the Clippers owning both, they can coincide scheduling at both arenas to avoid this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad