Clint Reif - Chicago Assistant Equipment Manager passes away

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
Seeing Coach Q tear up really hit me in the feels. So young and has such a beautiful family. Its not right :(

Does anyone know what happened?

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Seeing Coach Q tear up really hit me in the feels. So young and has such a beautiful family. Its not right :(

Does anyone know what happened?

They haven't released any info on what happened.

So sad for his family.

But great to see all the people across hockey expressing their condolences.

Some background on Clint:

A 2011 Ft. Wayne, Indiana local news feature on his work.

Here's him after the 2013 cup:

BX2F3bOIEAA3S5B.jpg

Philip Pritchard
‏@keeperofthecup
Clint Reif asst equipment man. With family last guy to have day with #StanleyCup @nhlblackhawks @nhl @HockeyHallFame

icekoob

4th Liner
May 16, 2010
VALPO/chicago
Hawks huddling up at end of game really hit me in the feels. Great win for Clint though, you know if this one was dedicated to him they weren't gonna lose it tonight. RIP.

Analyzer*

That's terrible news. At first I thought it was an older guy who was with the team for some time and had since been gone from the team for 10 years, or more making him a little older.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Hawks huddling up at end of game really hit me in the feels. Great win for Clint though, you know if this one was dedicated to him they weren't gonna lose it tonight. RIP.

I was on the verge of tears. Just a good solid win all around for Clint.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
This is a really awful set of circumstances. I am not sure tragedy is the word i would choose - there are a few thoughts and words that come to mind but perhaps I will wait to see if more details emerge.

notheroic

Aug 2, 2005
Fort McMurray, AB
It was really hard to watch Troy Parchman tonight after the game ended, and he was clearly very emotional. I can't imagine losing your colleague and friend after just seeing him the other night. And severly unexpected, and young. MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
MOD

Scott King @ScottKingMedia · 50m 50 minutes ago
Patrick Sharp was too emotional to finish speaking about the late Clint Reif. #Blackhawks

Scott King @ScottKingMedia · 40m 40 minutes ago
Toews on Sunday's win: "We dedicated that one to our good friend Clint." #Blackhawks

Scott King @ScottKingMedia · 20m 20 minutes ago
Sharp's comments on Reif before being unable to speak: "They're behind the scenes and they don't get nearly enough (cont'd) #Blackhawks

Scott King @ScottKingMedia · 17m 17 minutes ago
credit that they deserve. Not just in our locker room, but all across the NHL." #Blackhawks

Scott King @ScottKingMedia · 15m 15 minutes ago
Sharp: "It was very quiet on the bench, very quiet in the locker room, we wanted to make sure we had a good game for Clint and his family."

Nina Falcone @NinaFalcone · 38m 38 minutes ago
Toews on Reif's passing: "He's part of our team. Might as well have been wearing one of these sweaters." #Blackhawks

Nina Falcone @NinaFalcone · 37m 37 minutes ago
Sharp: "Normally you can turn off whatever issues you have, but tonight I don't think anybody was able to do that." #Blackhawks

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Whoever posted the family picture, not your fault, but just too much for me.

Prayers for his family and I hope the Hawks (Wirtz family) take care of them (I'm sure they will).

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
MOD

You could tell everyone in the hawks organization really loved Clint. RIP.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Rest in Peace.

Horrible news. Seems like he was well loved by the Hawks and had a beautiful family. Tough to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad