Cleveland Monsters Thread VII (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been listening to the game in the background while following a church service online (I'm a Lutheran and today is the 500th anniversary of the Lutheran Church).

Reactions: leesmith and Viqsi

pled

Sep 7, 2009
glad to see Thurkauf still going. one of the few promising prospect on that team >.<

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I smell a call up coming...
Korpi has a short leash.. but Torts seems to like him.

I'm not sure how much "Torts likes him". In 1 or 2 of the interviews after a poor game, he said "That's Clarky's job" and mentioned about how he doesn't work with the goaltenders. So, I'm unsure how much Tort's likes him overall. Personally, I'm not sold on Korpi being a solid backup at the NHL level. I've kind of been hoping that a decent goaltender would somehow go down on waivers that we can claim (ala Mcelhinney with Toronto last season)

Side note- I don't think there's a call-up with Kivlenieks coming any time soon just yet. I think Cleveland continues to increase his AHL action (like they have been). He's still pretty young and this is his 1st pro season. He just turned 21 a few months ago and was playing USHL hockey just about 6 months ago. Going from the USHL to NHL level in 6 months after just 4 AHL games seems like a bit of a rush at his age and being a goaltender. I certainly think there's promise with Kivlenieks being an NHL goalie, but I'm not in a rush just yet.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I smell a call up coming...
Korpi has a short leash.. but Torts seems to like him.
they still give more gave to thiesen I would wait for him to fully steal the number 1 spot in cleveland before a callup but that could happen before the end of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad