Cleveland Monsters Thread VII (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Just perusing the Monsters' stats looks like Robinson could be a find as a UFA. Bittner, Carlsson & Stenlund look ok from a stat pov but no other young guys look like they will provide much help.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Just perusing the Monsters' stats looks like Robinson could be a find as a UFA. Bittner, Carlsson & Stenlund look ok from a stat pov but no other young guys look like they will provide much help.

It's really hard to tell because we don't know who is playing what minutes. It sure seems like Stenlund is playing a lot less.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
It's really hard to tell because we don't know who is playing what minutes. It sure seems like Stenlund is playing a lot less.

If TOI is a factor then its because of one of two things- either the guys who have low TOI aren't deserving of more or there has been a conscious decision to put Monster success ahead of organizational development. Either one is not good.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
If TOI is a factor then its because of one of two things- either the guys who have low TOI aren't deserving of more or there has been a conscious decision to put Monster success ahead of organizational development. Either one is not good.
TOI is a factor because Gerbe/Dalpe/broadhurst plays 30 min a game. even Letestu get a load a minutes and PP. they also play gallant over prospect. Also non 0f abramov, Stenlund or young guys get PP time. Robinson is pretty much the only prospect that get ice time and it's probably because he's old. McInnis also get a lot but idk why I really don't see what they love in him.

it isn't that they aren't good enough is its just theres safe good veteran to put on ice and seem like the management want that over developing guys :help:

Stenlund been amazing and he barely play and even played on Gallant line. he still get point and amazing highlight video it mean there's has to be talent somewhere they just don't use him correctly.

Bittner is better than before but is really a product of playing with Dalpe and Robinson he would probably suck if he played with gallant like Stenlund.

Abramov just seem a little young I wouldn't expect too many thing from him this year but he is definitely not bad.

Carlsson was bad before being paired with Cross and now that pair is pretty good I hope it help his development to get top minute with a top ahl vet.

Prapavessis was good but got hurt. lot of offensive instinct but he kind forgot he was a D sometimes.

Thurkauf was also hurt and never got good partner or ice time so I would wait to judge.

Sheerwood and Fortier are too young to evaluate properly in this system too.

Scoot was good 4th linner ennergy player but he stopped playing I don't know why.

Vigneaut is a huge disappointment for sure.

Siebelaner and Wade barely played so I don't know.

Somerby and Collins seem like a good stay at home pair but they have games where they kinda suck so its like 50/50 for them.

Also no D really get PP time its almost always 5 old forwards.

All 3 goalie seem pretty good honestly. Kiv was injured so he didn't get much starts.

Last edited:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Attended practice today, a few thoughts:

Fortier back on ice, Prapavessis still injured (didn't see anyone skating early, but it may have been before I arrived - getting to practice was a mess today), Koules not on ice (not sure why, but he is still on the roster as I type this).

Dalpe had an especially good day. He looked like, well, he looked like a guy on a goal per game pace.

Gallant also stood out. He may be best known as a fighter, but he has looked like a legit fourth-line scorer recently.

Major shakeup in the defensive lines. Not sure if it was something they were trying today or if these are the pairings we will see tomorrow night in Buffalo (playing Rochester at their parent club's rink). More on this when I post the lines.

Slower-paced practice today (I use the relative term "slower" because there's never a slow practice with John Madden in charge). Lots of faceoff work.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Wine: Thurkauf-Vigneault-Stenlund
White: Robinson-Dalpe-Bittner
Gray: Abramov-MacInnis-Letestu
Royal Blue: Milano-Broadhurst-Gerbe
Powder Blue: Gallant-Scott-Sherwood (Fortier rotated in on both wings for some reps)

Defensive Pairs:

Simpson-Collins
Cross-Siebenaler
Carlsson-Wade (Somerby rotated in primarily, but not exclusively, with this pair)

all three goalies dressed

Last edited:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Here's my best guess at a depth chart using today's practice lines

Bittner-Dalpe-Robinson
Milano-Broadhurst-Gerbe
Abramov-MacInnis-Letestu
Thurkauf-Vigneault-Stenlund
Gallant-Scott-Sherwood
Fortier
Koules (injured?)
DeSalvo, Korostelev (Jacksonville)

Carlsson-Wade
Simpson-Collins
Cross-Siebenaler
Somerby
Prapavessis (injured)
Cockerill (Jacksonville)

Berube
Kivlenieks
Thiessen

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
It would be odd if winning was being put ahead of development since everybody making on-ice decisions is drawing a paycheck from the Blue Jackets.

Not saying it isn't happening, only that it would not make sense.

Reactions: thebus88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad