Clendening or Dahlbeck?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
We do not yet know who's being traded away so we can get under the cap, but it seems that quite a few of us are figuring either Leddy, Oduya, or Rozsival.

Whichever Dman goes, one will surely have to be brought in to fill the empty spot. So, who do you think is more likely to get the call, Clendening or Dahlbeck?

My opinion:
If we trade Leddy, Clendening could replace Leddy's offensive production.

If we trade Oduya or Rozsival, I feel Dahlbeck would complement Hammer quite nicely as our #4 (Dahlbeck plays like a young hjalmarsson) or add some stability to our bottom pairing.

EDIT: Thanks mods :)

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Dahlbeck easily. IMO, Dahlbeck and to a slightly lesser extent, Johns, are locks to be good players this year. Other guys like Clendening and Rundblad, maybe, maybe not.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Dahlbeck easily. IMO, Dahlbeck and to a slightly lesser extent, Johns, are locks to be good players this year. Other guys like Clendening and Rundblad, maybe, maybe not.

I think Johns would be better served in Rockford for a season. He looks like he'll be a great player, but I'd like to see him get a bit more experience first.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Dahlbeck

4 years of pro hockey experience , Is most capable prospect defensively and can help PK

Dahlbeck also showed more offensive game then expected of him this past year

Last edited:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
We do not yet know who's being traded away so we can get under the cap, but it seems that quite a few of us are figuring either Leddy, Oduya, or Rozsival.

Whichever Dman goes, one will surely have to be brought in to fill the empty spot. So, who do you think is more likely to get the call, Clendening or Dahlbeck?

My opinion:
If we trade Leddy, Clendening could replace Leddy's offensive production.

If we trade Oduya or Rozsival, I feel Dahlbeck would complement Hammer quite nicely as our #4 (Dahlbeck plays like a young hjalmarsson) or add some stability to our bottom pairing.

EDIT: Thanks mods :)

Agreed.
Oduya/Roszival---->Dahlbeck
Leddy---->Clendening.

Very good situation defensively. I feel comfortable that either move would be = or only a very slight downgrade.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
For those who haven't seen Dahlbeck, check this out. He is a terrible fighter (who cares), but that hit :yo:.

We haven't had many physical D for a long while. Johns and Dahlbeck are pretty different from what we've seen in Chicago from our bottom 4s of the past.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
People thinking Adam can step in replace Leddy are giving a lot of credit to a guy with no NHL experience.

Leddy's a great player, no doubt, but he hasn't been an instrumental piece to the team. He has yet to take that 'next step', and until he does, most fans won't hate the thought of replacing him.

All I know is if he stays this season, he better play like his career with the hawks depends on it...because it will.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Leddy's a great player, no doubt, but he hasn't been an instrumental piece to the team. He has yet to take that 'next step', and until he does, most fans won't hate the thought of replacing him.

All I know is if he stays this season, he better play like his career with the hawks depends on it...because it will.

Leddy has very little chance of a future with the Hawks, IMO.
-If he does the same he's done, he will be gone due to the cap and will be replaced by Clendening
-If he does amazing, like top 4 all season 45 pts PPqb1, he will be too expensive and be replaced by Clendening.
-Basically for him to stay he has to be good enough that Bickell+Leddy>Sharp next offseason, but not too good that he will cost $4+M.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Leddy has very little chance of a future with the Hawks, IMO.
-If he does the same he's done, he will be gone due to the cap and will be replaced by Clendening
-If he does amazing, like top 4 all season 45 pts PPqb1, he will be too expensive and be replaced by Clendening.
-Basically for him to stay he has to be good enough that Bickell+Leddy>Sharp next offseason, but not too good that he will cost $4+M.

I also think there's a chance of a Versteeg+Leddy>Sharp, though that will be based off their performances(as well as others) this season.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
My take:

The D-corps have 3 players which right now are virtually immovable:
Keith: Leftie, multiple Norris trophies, and a bargain at his rate.
Hammer: Leftie, olympian, great stay-at-home d-man, and a bargain at his rate.
Seabrook: Rightie, all-star and olympian. probably the only big-bodied rightie the squad has with any appreciable *proven* NHL skill.

Everyone else, roster or prospect, has to fit around that. Keith and Leddy have not shown the ability to play with fellow lefties. Hammer can if he'd got the right leftie (Campbell and Oduya), but hes not looked good with Keith or Leddy.

The key will be if Leddy can actually show some chemistry in the top-4 with someone (likley Hammer). If he can't, that opens the door for Clendening, Johns, or VanReimsdyk over Dahlbeck for one key reason:

They're all Righties. Dahlbeck is a Leftie. IMHO though Dahlbeck might anchor the bottom pairing with another of the aforementioned prospects in the not-too-distant-future (Next Sunday, A.D.).

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
People thinking Adam can step in replace Leddy are giving a lot of credit to a guy with no NHL experience.

Really? Asking someone to replace Oduya's minutes would be asking a lot - yet most on this board laugh at that idea.

Asking someone to replace your #5 Dman's minutes, who's gotten his ice-time reduced/been benched in consecutive playoffs isn't asking a lot.

As I've said before, I'm a Leddy fan. But this is his last chance with this team as far as I'm concerned. He needs to assert himself early, and he better be consistent, or he'll be on the way out.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
For this coming year, Dahlbeck. For the future, Clendening. Don't think there is a big difference between them and Leddy and I think they can replace him without too much of an issue.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Dahlbeck just has that good feel about him, like he'll do anything that's asked of him and has that extra level of commitment that will allow him to max his potential and get in Q's good graces immediately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad