Pre-Game Talk: Clean Shaven Men vs Poutine Pounders

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
This English surname of DUNDON is of the local group of names and means 'one who came from Dundon, Valley of the down, hill or mountain' in Somerset, England. The name was spelt as DONDEME in the Domesday Book and in l236 was spelt as DUNDEN in the Book of Fees and DUNDE in the Assize Rolls of l243.

Valley of the down hill, alright.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
images

SHORN

She is, can confirm

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
A number of Les Hobbits shaved their heads recently for charity to children with cancer btw.

img_9462-jpg.jpg

Someone tweeted a pic of freshly shorn Artturi Lehkonen to his dad, a known cueball from the Finnish hockey circles.

"Better the boy practices now, it's a sure thing ahead of him anyway!!!", old man Lehkonen tweeted back in what was a scathing #burn.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Men in my family have a glowing flow up to their 90s, but I still carry scars from a wedding nine years back when certain relatives saw my face, laughed at it and started membering the time when their dad, my grandpa's brother, tried growing a beard.

Apparently he couldn't either, and none of us can, and we shouldn't try.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
This is a sign that Bill Peters is starting to use his brain again

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around letting him get shelled for 8 goals. I don't think there is a coach in the league that would have let their starting goal tender stay in past 5. Actually, I'm sure there is, but I don't agree with the decision. Darling is obviously struggling mentally.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around letting him get shelled for 8 goals. I don't think there is a coach in the league that would have let their starting goal tender stay in past 5. Actually, I'm sure there is, but I don't agree with the decision. Darling is obviously struggling mentally.

Plus it's clearly a sign that we are a solid Undeserving Hockey Market (tm), given that had this happened to an Upstanding Canadian Team (tm) the national hockey media would still be dissecting it six ways to Sunday.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I don't think there is a coach in the league that would have let their starting goal tender stay in past 5.
Totally agree. It was worrisome as a decision.

At the risk of saying something wholly stupid, it seems to me that Darling is a terrible goalie, in as much as his technique is concerned. Many have expressed concern about his sloppy lateral movement within the crease...that’s no secret. But why is that an issue to begin with? Again, I am ignorant, but it seems to me that this would not still be an issue for a goaltender who is 29 years old. I don’t know if that is something that anyone would try to address in off-season, but it seems like it would be worth the try.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad