GDT: Clean Shaven Hurricanes vs Detriot Thugmen

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
I fell asleep, and I am happy I did.

Bill Peters after first period - "Why would I play Wallmark, if I have my lover Ryan who can take these minutes?"
I am not sure another coach could make this team better, but for sure he would give a chance to other guys and not play the same players over and over and over and expect something different.
We have been patient enough with Peters, he must be fired after this season.
And Francis can get one off-season with a new owner, if nothing changes then he must be gone as well.

And please trade away any plugs you can now. Give young ones a chance.

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
I'm so tired of Bill Peters.
I'm so tired of bad goalies.
I'm so tired of hearing "we played good, just need to score more" after the game.
I'm so tired of a GM doing nothing during the season.
I'm so tired of not giving our young players a real chance.
I'm so tired of Hurricanes hockey.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
But for real, one of my favorite current artists (who I just saw in Durham recently, actually) covering one of my old favorites, kinda a relevant song too:

Agree with you on this. One of my favorite artists as well. Seen him a half dozen times over the years, including some smaller venues. Saw him cover this song live and it was awesome. I also saw him in DPAC a couple of weeks ago he covered Tom Petty, Refugee and killed it.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Philly and NJ are now out of reach for the most part. CLB is 3 points up for the last spot, Florida is only 2 points back with 3 games in hand, and Canes have lost 5 straight. While technically there's a chance, nothing in the way this team is playing indicates there is.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Philly and NJ are now out of reach for the most part. CLB is 3 points up for the last spot, Florida is only 2 points back with 3 games in hand, and Canes have lost 5 straight. While technically there's a chance, nothing in the way this team is playing indicates there is.

expect the losing streak to continue until we are mathematically eliminated only for us to go on a winning streak to secure the final spot outside of the playoffs, as is tradition

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm

Yep, no hopes for the rest of this season.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
If I were feeling optimistic, I'd point out that we're 3 games out of a wildcard spot, but I'm not feeling too optimistic.

Rest of the season needs to be dedicated to a youth movement. Bring up Zykov, Foegele and even Gauthier. Give Wallmark substantial playing time. There's no point in pretending like the Stempniaks, Ryans and Rasks of the world are going to get this team anywhere.
Well, if Char remains in the playoffs, I think the experience the kids will get on a good playoff run might outweigh the play time they would get here with Peters on a bad team. I don't know what to make of this mess this year.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
At least the Browns get top draft picks to be excited about with their suckage. We are so inept we can't even manage that.

At this point, Peters has to go at the end of the year, and barring any blockbuster trade before the deadline, Francis has to go as well. You gotta show the fans you at least try to care about having success, and Francis is miserably failing in that regard. You can't just sit back as the rest of the division makes moves to improve and watch the playoff bid pass us by and not expect to lose your job.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I wanna see them start Darling every game for the rest of the season. What the Canes desperately need is a top-5 pick.

Would look to trade Faulk and Skinner in any possible lateral deal. Trade Williams to the highest bidder. Just cut Ryan.

Are you trying to craft a plan that has a zero percent chance of any of it happening?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
0-14 on the PP in this 5 game losing streak. That's, uh, neat. While Brindy looks on furiously gnawing his old gum, and saying things like "gotta find a way guys".

And yet Peters keeps rolling out the worst 2nd PP unit in the league with Ryan/Skinner/Williams/Hanifin. Shift after shift.

Meanwhile the Canes have the top PP scorer in the AHL by a mile (Zykov with 14 PP goals). Hasn't been called up.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
And yet Peters keeps rolling out the worst 2nd PP unit in the league with Ryan/Skinner/Williams/Hanifin. Shift after shift.

Meanwhile the Canes have the top PP scorer in the AHL by a mile (Zykov with 14 PP goals). Hasn't been called up.

How long do you keep Peters around? I guess it doesn't matter really. A new coach isn't going to change their fate this season. If anything them giving up on his system, and/or him and sucking worse is better. I agree, put Darling in and let him be the cinder block that drags us to the bottom of the sea.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I probably didn't take the time to really think about what they meant. This team doesn't put you in the state of mind to think clearly sometimes.

Reactions: Breakdowns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->