Was the Provorov hit on Barzal clean?

• No, it's charging

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Provy definitely left his feet prior to contact, which is against the rules. So no, not clean.

He didn't really need to do that. Would have sent Barzal flying even if he stayed low.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
ultimately clean but could've ended up really bad, you can chalk that up to luck

barzal reminded me of kariya there

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Probably clean but cheap. That would be a penalty in the NFL. No need for Provorov to do that. Barzal could have easily been hurt bad or at the least a concussion. The NHL is trying to be more like the NFL and would like to avoid lawsuits as much as possible. Like hitting a defenseless Wide Receiver you'd think a hit like this would be banned.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Provy definitely left his feet prior to contact, which is against the rules. So no, not clean.

He didn't really need to do that. Would have sent Barzal flying even if he stayed low.

I’m not sure he did actually. He definitely comes up, but to me, it sure looks like his feet are on the ice until contact

Probably clean but cheap. That would be a penalty in the NFL. No need for Provorov to do that. Barzal could have easily been hurt bad or at the least a concussion. The NHL is trying to be more like the NFL and would like to avoid lawsuits as much as possible. Like hitting a defenseless Wide Receiver you'd think a hit like this would be banned.

Hitting the player with the puck should be banned? What’s he supposed to do? Let Barzal walk in untouched?

Reactions: Caitlyn Jenner

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
It was clearly a matter of time before Barzal got trucked and it was right on the blue line as I predicted. Lesson learned for Barzal, wonder if that would have been JT matchup had he still been on long island or Brooklyn or wherever they play these days.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia

He his feet left the ice because he angled his blades horizontally in order to slow down. He didn't jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad