ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
D1emJQcWsAAgR3n.jpg:large

who saw this coming......
Is that a homeless guy on the right?

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
The issue with OBJ isn't attitude, it's that he's missed 1/4 of Giants games via injury

True. Also he complains to the refs and jaws with the opposing team more than you like and sometimes lets the opposing defense get in his head. But I admire his competitive nature and hope he doesn't change. He's a leader and a great guy and when he just concentrates on catching balls and making plays look out because when he's on he's on. His Giant teammates loved him. OBJ is a workout warrior also.
Tremendous talent who is going to kill it in Cleveland.
Congrats Cleveland. You're going to embrace him.
Giants loss is Brown's gain. Gettleman ????????????????¿???¿?????

HugoLalumiere

May 20, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
It's all lining up so perfectly for the Browns. Something we rarely see as well.

Pittsburgh: On the edge of the abyss in terms of rebuilding. Captain Fatf*** is beat up to hell, Conner and Juju will be looked at to lead them into the new era. Juju is sure as hell capable, but i'm not 100% sold on Conner. Could take a step back

Baltimore: Weak offense, their entire defense essentially crumbled in the span of 48 hours. Gone from fringe contender to re builder in the snap of a finger

Bengals: Hello 500.

Dare i say it, but the Browns have...expectations going into this year? That's a new one.

The QB position in Cleveland has been a revolving door for what seems like forever and they FINALLY seem to have struck gold with Mayfield. No wonder they're willing to splurge and give him weapons and support.

We'll have to see about chemistry with the new added albeit troubled talent and with Mayfield's sophomore year. But if things click, things will be very interesting in Cleveland this year especially since the D is not terrible either.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Odell Beckham says he needs to “gather thoughts” in deleted social media post

“I love you all so much, for the ones that follow and support I thank u all for that,” Beckham wrote Tuesday in an Instagram post that he then deleted, via 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland. “I’m takin an emotional, mental, physical/blah blah blah vacation. I appreciate the love honestly but at this moment for the next couple of days I’m goin dark. I won’t be around, phone is gone, with all due respect, please don’t text/call/FaceTime unless it’s of the utmost importance. I really need some time to vibe and just get away, process, reevaluate some of the things in my life, as much has changed for me recently. "

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported that Beckham (who has five years, $74 million left on his current contract) wants a new deal. Also, former teammate Saquon Barkley said Tuesday that he spoke to Beckham immediately after the trade and “I don’t think he was really happy about it.”

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Giants went from 3 wins to 5 wins last year. They added to their OL. They (basically) got Golden Tate, Peppers, a 1st and a 3rd for OBJ. The rest of that division......not so great. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility they have a better record than last year.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Golden Tate averaged 90 catches the last 4 years. He's not a downfield threat, but he's a beast from 8-12 yards. And OBJ has missed an average of 4 games a year. Do you want a superstar for 12 games or a 90 catch-guy for 16? Is the difference THAT much over a full season?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Giants went from 3 wins to 5 wins last year. They added to their OL. They (basically) got Golden Tate, Peppers, a 1st and a 3rd for OBJ. The rest of that division......not so great. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility they have a better record than last year.

Lost OBJ , Collins , Vernon and Eli Manning is still QB

3-5 wins seems right for them they are also far behind Dal and Phi in terms of talent

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I proposed a trade in the speculation thread before this one that SF would flip 1st's this year with the Giants and give them next year's 1st for OBJ. According to Tim Kawakami, that's Exactly what the Giants proposed.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Golden Tate averaged 90 catches the last 4 years. He's not a downfield threat, but he's a beast from 8-12 yards. And OBJ has missed an average of 4 games a year. Do you want a superstar for 12 games or a 90 catch-guy for 16? Is the difference THAT much over a full season?

Yes I would rather have Odell than Golden Tate lol

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Weapons mean nothing if your OL isn't good at pass protection. QB needs time to get them the ball.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This didn’t take long. Guess it wasn’t much of a surprise after OBJ skipped all Browns offseason work. Now with his stats down, he’s done with them.

Report: Odell tells players, coaches on other teams he wants out of Cleveland
No one is going to be shocked by this. If the Browns can get a high pick and use that on the OL, they'd be better off. Would still have Landry, a great TE in Ojoku. Chubb at RB. Would need to get a WR2, but can do that in round 2 of the draft.

If someone offered a 1st for him, they should consider it.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I don’t believe the reports as these days “sources” say everything but it would not surprise me if they were true. Browns got overly excited and really didn’t need him. For him going from the bright lights & attention of NYC to a place like Cleveland was also killer.

His hernia injury hasn’t helped either

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don’t believe the reports as these days “sources” say everything but it would not surprise me if they were true. Browns got overly excited and really didn’t need him. For him going from the bright lights & attention of NYC to a place like Cleveland was also killer.

His hernia injury hasn’t helped either
I don’t think there’s any mystery here. His body language during games isn’t great. When asked about it after this last game, he didn’t deny wanting out.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
After no team wanted to trade for him, it looks like he's about to be cut.

What a failure his entire run with the Browns was. When he wasn't hurt, he wasn't very good.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
After no team wanted to trade for him, it looks like he's about to be cut.

What a failure his entire run with the Browns was. When he wasn't hurt, he wasn't very good.

This is the final year of dead money for the browns with OBJ. He’s owed the entire year salary regardless of whether he is in the team or not as vested veteran.
For sure he will be released at the end of the year. Or earlier if the browns want to.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
This is the final year of dead money for the browns with OBJ. He’s owed the entire year salary regardless of whether he is in the team or not as vested veteran.
For sure he will be released at the end of the year. Or earlier if the browns want to.

If they have to pay him anyway they should just send him home to sit, cutting him would be rewarding him with a chance to possibly sign on with a contender and win something, of course he might also go become an albatross around the new teams neck too

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
If they have to pay him anyway they should just send him home to sit, cutting him would be rewarding him with a chance to possibly sign on with a contender and win something, of course he might also go become an albatross around the new teams neck too
"We'll only cut you if you promise to sign with the Ravens."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad