Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
D1emJQcWsAAgR3n.jpg:large

who saw this coming......

Reactions: Voight

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A lot of people will definitely be picking the Browns to get there. Can't blame them.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The NFC east is shaping up to be a different dynamic with some of the moving guys already
Also have two of the teams trying to build their offenses around highly-drafted RBs. There's a decent chance they end up serving as cautionary tales. The Cowboys were in a prime position to move up slightly and get Wentz or Goff and chose Zeke instead. The Giants had their pick of QBs and went Barkley instead.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Also have two of the teams trying to build their offenses around highly-drafted RBs. There's a decent chance they end up serving as cautionary tales. The Cowboys were in a prime position to move up slightly and get Wentz or Goff and chose Zeke instead. The Giants had their pick of QBs and went Barkley instead.

not entirely true.

pretty easy to tell that the 1 QB they valued that highly was Mayfield, who got taken ahead of them by Cleveland.

There's a pretty big dropoff after Mayfield. Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Jackson is a whole lotta meh

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Darnold had a complete crap team and and coaching staff and looked really good at the end of last season. To say he's meh says that you either didn't watch him or are just a Pats fan hater.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Good pickup here for the Browns. If all their new pieces can play well together no reason the team can't win 10-12 games.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Darnold had a complete crap team and and coaching staff and looked really good at the end of last season. To say he's meh says that you either didn't watch him or are just a Pats fan hater.

3 of his last 6 games below 200 yards
5 of his last 6 games below 250 yards
7 TD to 7 turnovers
59.6 completion %

He had 1 good game where he lit up Green Bay. Other than that, didn't show anything different than Sanchize or Geno Smith

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
I think I'm officially done with the Giants. Thank god the islanders are good this year or I would be miserable. Lose JT last summer, trade OBJ this spring...

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Wow, i'm so hyped for Browns.

Baker, Chubb, Hunt, Odell, Landry, Njoku, DeValve, Hubbard, Bitonio, Tretter, Vernon, Garrett, Schobert, Carrie, Randall, Ward, Also Callaway, Higgins, Duke Johnson, Strong and Rattley.

Linked with Sheldon Richardson, Earl Thomas, Bradley Roby, CJ Mosley and Tyrell Williams wtf.
No love for Larry Ogunjobi? They already signed Richardson.

After thinking about this trade more, I'd say the Giants definitely should've got a lot more from the Browns. I thought Peppers was better than he apparently is.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
7 TD to 7 turnovers
59.6 completion %

He had 1 good game where he lit up Green Bay. Other than that, didn't show anything different than Sanchize or Geno Smith

Why pick his last 6? His worst game of the season was Week 9 against the Dolphins (4 INTs) or Week 7 against the Bears. Weeks 7-9 were brutal in general. He was injured weeks 10-13. From weeks 14-17 he was 80-125 (64%) for 931 yards, 6 TDs & 1 INT. His only poorish game was against the Patriots (he still avoided turnovers) which no rookie QB ever plays well against.

Also, you don't evaluate a rookie QB based on stats when he was on a complete trash team.

7h62.jpg

Last edited:

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Don't see why they can't be considered division contenders. Steelers are trending down IMO and the Ravens D has lost a lot of pieces and the Bengals are the Bengals.

Because they're the Browns?

They'll be the trendy pick going into this season only to disappoint. Just watch.

Also I don't think this is the worst trade in the world for the Giants. Either they're grabbing a future QB in the 1st round or taking for next year's draft.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
7 TD to 7 turnovers
59.6 completion %

We're getting OT here but the Jets' offensive skill players last year were...awful, quite possibly the worst in the NFL. A raw rookie TE was their most consistent pass catcher, their running backs were a slop of jag's and their o-line was mediocre at best. Nobody would have put up any kind of numbers with that 'support'.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Also I don't think this is the worst trade in the world for the Giants. Either they're grabbing a future QB in the 1st round or taking for next year's draft.
It's bad
Why not set up the young QB with two of the most dynamic players in the league with saquon and obj? Giants look like bumbling idiots, even moreso since it appears that they're sticking with Eli, again again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->