Trade: [CLE/JAX] Carlos Hyde for 5th round pick

Dale Best Goalie

In Prust We Trust
Sep 12, 2017
Pittsburgh
As a Browns fan, although I really like Hyde, I approve of this deal. Getting a 5th, more carries for Chubb+Duke, and clearing Hyde's contract are all positives for me.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I love when players get traded for nothing and people act like it’s something.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Isn't Hyde signed to a decent contract too? I'm pretty happy with this. Yeldon likely walks at the end of the season so this should be a real nice 1-2 with Fournette

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
This trade sure came out of nowhere. I'm not sure if this is a good thing for my fantasy team at the end of the day since I have Hyde, Fournette and Chubb on my team lol.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
This seems like a GM taking a player away to force his coach to use different personnel. Hue/Haley loved Hyde. They were barely playing Chubb or Duke Johnson.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It is still capital and they can use that capital to draft players or make trades. It is not as if the Brown are contenders. They are still building their team. I think it was a smart move, I do not get your point.

I partially agree with this - yes, it's nice to get draft capital for those guys.

The part that should also be noted is how much draft capital the Browns actually lost with some of those picks. Danny Shelton was a 1st round pick. Cody Kessler was a 3rd round pick. Josh Gordon was a 2nd round pick (though they did get some value out of him).

This seems like a GM taking a player away to force his coach to use different personnel. Hue/Haley loved Hyde. They were barely playing Chubb or Duke Johnson.

I don't see this at all. Dorsey signed Carlos Hyde, re-signed Duke Johnson, and drafted Nick Chubb. He obviously likes all of them to some level.

Chubb is better than Hyde, and it was only a matter of time until he took the job. Very similar to Mayfield taking over for Tyrod.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I partially agree with this - yes, it's nice to get draft capital for those guys.

The part that should also be noted is how much draft capital the Browns actually lost with some of those picks. Danny Shelton was a 1st round pick. Cody Kessler was a 3rd round pick. Josh Gordon was a 2nd round pick (though they did get some value out of him).

I don't see this at all. Dorsey signed Carlos Hyde, re-signed Duke Johnson, and drafted Nick Chubb. He obviously likes all of them to some level.

Chubb is better than Hyde, and it was only a matter of time until he took the job. Very similar to Mayfield taking over for Tyrod.
I don’t think it’s a question of who Dorsey likes. It just seems like he had to take Hyde out of the picture to force more use of Chubb. Whatever we think of who is better, Hue and Haley were only letting Chubb on the field for a few plays a game. They were going to keep giving Hyde all of the playing time.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I've heard Hyde is kind of a dick. Makes sense that he can't stick.
Never heard much of that while he was here. They didn't re-sign him because Shanahan really wanted McKinnon and they alreay had Breida and Mostert.

He's a guy with a ton of talent that will leave a team wanting more, that's for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad