Trade: [CLE/DAL] Amari Cooper for 2022 5th and swap of 6ths

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
From the easy NFC East to the tough AFC North.

And you thought Amari Cooper didn’t smile before..
For Cleveland they needed a veteran WR for Baker. Seems like Landry wants out as well. In a make or break year for Baker you have to get him a veteran WR. Can’t just rely on a rookie WR to be a top guys. Maybe they become Jefferson or maybe Reagor. So better to get a sure thing.

Browns make the trade because in free agency Cooper would not sign there not with Baker as his QB. So the browns give up a 5th and take on the $20 mill in Salary and cap hit.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Don’t think Amari will do particularly well in Cleveland
I think he'll be fine. Stafanski wants guys to run precise routes for his offense to work, and Cooper does that very well. Cooper will also be the primary receiving option if Landry is gone because none of the other guys on the Browns roster now look any good at all.

Of course, the big unknown is Baker. Maybe post-surgery he will be back at his good but not great level.

Reactions: BergyTime37

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I also don’t think he will do well in Cleveland. Cowboys didn’t really get much for him. I was hoping for a 3rd round pick at least. We’ll see how Dak looks like without a true number 1 receiver.
I think the Cowboys are expecting Lamb to take another step and be the team's #1.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I also don’t think he will do well in Cleveland. Cowboys didn’t really get much for him. I was hoping for a 3rd round pick at least. We’ll see how Dak looks like without a true number 1 receiver.
Someone took him for the full $20 mill salary. Which is why Dallas was never getting a third round pick. WR is too plentiful a position at the draft to spend crazy money on a WR unless he’s elite. I doubt he’d get that on the open market from a team he would want to sign with. Browns knew that he wouldn’t sign with them as a free agent so they made the deal and opted to pay his $20 mill salary.

Reactions: fin8

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
I think the Cowboys are expecting Lamb to take another step and be the team's #1.
They are expecting that. It will be more difficult for him now without Cooper getting most of the attention from the opposing team. We’ll find out if he can become a true #1 for the Cowboys.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Also their QB can’t see him
The Jets apparently made an offer. But beteeen the field which most nflers hate and the unknown at QB potential Cleveland is the best of the 2. Nothing Cooper could do as he has a contract. Got $20 mill but I don’t see him having big numbers for his next deal but he would be paid and should then be looking for the right spot for him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Baltimore is very overrated.
Always have a solid team. But have never figured out WR. Best guy over the past decade was a 30 something Smith SR. Whether it’s the WR talent or the schemes that give them a chance to get open I don’t know.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Baltimore is very overrated.
They win in the regular season as long as they have Lamar. Injury bug ravaged them last year.

Cleveland is unraveling and if Jarvis Landry leaves, their potency further goes down.

Pittsburgh knows they don't have a chance and seems they're happy tanking with Rudolph.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad