Clayton Keller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Now I've got Kip Adotta songs going through my brain. I'm kelpless to resist.

( "..they said I'd blown a seal... I said, "Fix the damn thing and leave my private life out of it, okay pal?" "

On more than one occasion over the years Michael Waltrip has alluded to this double entendre on NASCAR broadcasts... no one ever seems to get it)

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
( "..they said I'd blown a seal... I said, "Fix the damn thing and leave my private life out of it, okay pal?" "

On more than one occasion over the years Michael Waltrip has alluded to this double entendre on NASCAR broadcasts... no one ever seems to get it)

Well, come on, most people who listen to Michael Waltrip have learned to tune him out to preserve their sanity.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Someone in the locker room needs to chum the waters to get the players agitated a bit

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
I think losing Stepan has had a bigger impact than any of us can imagine. Losing him has probably put the locker room in a disarray of sorts.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
This thread has turned into...

tenor.gif

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I think losing Stepan has had a bigger impact than any of us can imagine. Losing him has probably put the locker room in a disarray of sorts.
Another reason of why having Grabner and especially Demers back is so critical!

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I think the consensus is that we are disappointed in Keller this season. Hoping it's just a sophomore slump.

Drafted 7th, he's 7th in P/GP for his draft class, but we all know he's capable of so much more. (hopefully :crossfing )

izOgCw8.jpg

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
I think the consensus is that we are disappointed in Keller this season. Hoping it's just a sophomore slump.

Drafted 7th, he's 7th in P/GP for his draft class, but we all know he's capable of so much more. (hopefully :crossfing )

izOgCw8.jpg
On a very low scoring team nonetheless. I’ve been disappointed by his season but not too worried. I believe he'll bounce back.

Reactions: MIG

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If you sum the results from 2016 he’s actually 5th in points-per-game for his class.

None of that means he hasn’t completely fallen off the face of the earth when his team has actually needed him. He’s been a trash time hero. Luckily for him, it’s been mostly trash time.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

May 13, 2004
He has 1g 1a -1 in his last 10gp. Scratch him tomorrow and see how he responds on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Ideally, he’s humiliated and goes beast-mode. So far it appears that when the going gets tough, Keller folds like a cheap suit. Do we have a player or a jelly fish here? Let’s poke him and see if there’s a backbone there.

rt

May 13, 2004
I liked Galvhenyuk’s Fire last night. It led to a stupid penalty but that just made him work even harder to try to make up for it. Really like the way Galchenyuk responds to tough situations. He looks like a leader to me. OEL was the same. I want to see this from Keller.

I think that as the team gets more competitive and has bigger game situations, guys like OEL and Galchenyuk will rise to those occasions and step their games up. Will Keller?

rt

May 13, 2004
Not in favor of a scratch. Cold Keller is still better than his replacement (Kempe).
I can’t disagree more. Cold Keller is completely useless. He’s floating around like water vapor. I don’t think he broke a sweat last night in the most important game this team has played in more than a half decade. It’s inexcusable and he needs to be scratched as a punitive measure as much as anything.

1. Kempe gives us a better chance to win
2. Keller needs a reality check
3. Keller deserves to be punished

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I can’t disagree more. Cold Keller is completely useless. He’s floating around like water vapor. I don’t think he broke a sweat last night in the most important game this team has played in more than a half decade. It’s inexcusable and he needs to be scratched as a punitive measure as much as anything.

1. Kempe gives us a better chance to win
2. Keller needs a reality check
3. Keller deserves to be punished
But what about his feelings? He might demand a trade if you hurt them?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I liked Galvhenyuk’s Fire last night. It led to a stupid penalty but that just made him work even harder to try to make up for it. Really like the way Galchenyuk responds to tough situations. He looks like a leader to me. OEL was the same. I want to see this from Keller.

I think that as the team gets more competitive and has bigger game situations, guys like OEL and Galchenyuk will rise to those occasions and step their games up. Will Keller?
I agree. OEL has been our best D by far this year, as he should be, and Chucky has been our best forward this year, but RT keeps on limiting his TOI with different line mates and he still carries that line.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Keller has been hurting my feelings lately, and he probably doesn't even care.
I'd assume that roller coaster your feelings have been on for a month must hurt a little as well some days. But it's been fun, and yes he could use a kick in the azz

Reactions: MIG

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
He’s been absolute trash. I don’t like how he gets spoon fed prime minutes while Galchenyuk gets thrown on the bottom lines regularly and his minutes cut when it’s painfully obvious it should be the other way around.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Keller has the skill sets but he has gone soft this season..I think its a sophomore slump, just hope this slump doesn't last past this year. Clearly, he has the talent but he needs that killer instinct, that compete level.

I do not think scratching him is the answer unless his bad play is also coupled with attitude issues. I think its better he learns to keep playing through slumps.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I think Schmaltz will end up a winger.

Yeah. And moreover people tend to forget that for all the chemistry Keller and Schmaltz supposedly had they were split up several games before Schmaltz got hurt. At least 5 games (Dec 22 - 30th), maybe more but I'm not in a go back and count that far mood.

I'd actually consider it a good thing though if Schmaltz becomes a winger again because we desperately need better center play anyway. Dvorak has gone ice cold, forgivable with the injury but still. And Stepan's offense is on the decline bullet train. Schmaltz might be the answer at C offensively but his line was horrible defensively. Maybe he pulls a Domi and his second year playing C is better but I thought Chayka didn't do the hope thing :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad