• Mitch Marner

Votes: 107 42.0%
  • Nico Hischier

Votes: 92 36.1%

• Total voters

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Call me crazy, but I think Nico Hischier will be the best. Looks like he's already a complete player. Drives shots and chances, solid defensively and oozes skill. Reminds me of Datsyuk.

I am a huge fan of Keller though too.

Not that Marner is a slouch, but he is very weak defensively right now.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Hischier at the moment, quite frankly does not seem NHL ready. The Devils should send him back to junior for another year after 9 games or send him before 40 games so they burn an ELC year but it doesn't count toward UFA.

He clearly has talent but his body is not ready. He was getting manhandled against the Leafs and the Caps and those teams don't even play all that physically.

I don't see how he isn't NHL ready. He processes the game at the NHL level, his skillset is definitely at the NHL level and while he gets thrown around a little bit it's not that egregious and he's still finding ways to be effective. While he could still learn a little from juniors, in my opinion, he is much better served playing here in the NHL.

Not surprised to see Marner winning this, he has the track record and a very high ceiling. I am surprised that Hischier has quite a few more votes than Keller considering he was voted the best prospect this summer on HF by a decent amount if memory serves me well, which it may not. It's only been 6 games, and this is a small sample size, but I wonder why that is. Anyway, this is an rather even poll IMO and should be interesting to compare the three down the line again.

Welcome2Hell

Aug 9, 2010
NutleyNJ
Hischier at the moment, quite frankly does not seem NHL ready. The Devils should send him back to junior for another year after 9 games or send him before 40 games so they burn an ELC year but it doesn't count toward UFA.

He clearly has talent but his body is not ready. He was getting manhandled against the Leafs and the Caps and those teams don't even play all that physically.
7 Games 2 Goals 5 Assists He clearly doesn't seem NHL ready.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Nico is on another level compared to Marner. It's not even close. Nico will outperform Marner's rookie season while being a year younger. Haven't watched enough of Keller to judge him fairly.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Keller and Hischier both looking good offensively. Small sample size of course.

Keller
7 GP 5-2 7 Pts

Hischier
7 GP 2-5 7 Pts

And Marner of course with a strong rookie campaign under his belt already

Interesting to see 4-5 years down the road, where they all are by that point

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Marner has proven the most obviously, but it could end up being any of the three when all is said and done. All three will be solid players.

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
Is Keller center? I'd pick Hischier.
He's playing RW right now and I think he's gonna stay winger in NHl. I've been following Hischier and Keller closely this season and I think while Keller has higher offensive upside it's Nico's two-way game that separetes him from Keller and Marner.

1. Hischier
2. Keller
3. Marner

Reactions: SniperHF

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
hischier and marner close. marner a little more proven. Keller a distant third for me.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
All looking to be in around the same talent tier. Hischier would probably be the best pick going forward due to him playing center, and other two being wingers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->