News Article: Clayton Keller named to 2019 All Star team

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
If we have to have a rep, it's funny how last year I thought Keller deserved it over OEL and now I think OEL deserves it over Keller for this season. Regardless of his numbers being close-ish Keller is simply not having the same impact on the ice even post-Schmaltz trade. OEL at least plays the minutes of a top pairing D man and has to carry a cadre of inferior partners while still putting up respectable point totals and fancy stats.

I wouldn't put either in on merit but that's how they do it.

It's always on a time delay I guess.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
If we have to have a rep, it's funny how last year I thought Keller deserved it over OEL and now I think OEL deserves it over Keller for this season. Regardless of his numbers being close-ish Keller is simply not having the same impact on the ice even post-Schmaltz trade. OEL at least plays the minutes of a top pairing D man and has to carry a cadre of inferior partners while still putting up respectable point totals and fancy stats.

I wouldn't put either in on merit but that's how they do it.

It's always on a time delay I guess.

Interesting. Keller is quietly putting up solid numbers again. He's on pace to crack 60 points again, a strong finish could lead him to tie his total from last year or even eclipse it. OEL has been a bit disappointing to me this year, but he has his streaks. Hope both finish strong.

As he should be.

I don't blame him. The NHL bans the Olympics (something he is very passionate about) I'm pretty sure the last thing he wants to do is participate at the NHL's favorite extracurricular event. Plus the risk of injury for basically a gimmick.

I could see why he would be willing to risk injury for the Olympics

Reactions: Matias Maccete

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Interesting. Keller is quietly putting up solid numbers again. He's on pace to crack 60 points again, a strong finish could lead him to tie his total from last year or even eclipse it. OEL has been a bit disappointing to me this year, but he has his streaks. Hope both finish strong.

I don't blame him. The NHL bans the Olympics (something he is very passionate about) I'm pretty sure the last thing he wants to do is participate at the NHL's favorite extracurricular event. Plus the risk of injury for basically a gimmick.

I heard it's mostly about resting up for the remainder of the season.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The ASG is for very young fans. I used to love the ASG when I was a kid. Kids still do. I could see watching it as an adult for some nostalgic feelings. I just haven’t done it since I’ve been grown.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
I heard it's mostly about resting up for the remainder of the season.

Yes that was what Ovi said, it was all about resting his old body. Seems fine to me with his numbers. Plenty of other guys seem fine with making it.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I don't care for basically any of it, but my kids get a kick out of the skills comp and game.

The first time JR threw a check is my favourite memory. Owen Nolan's called shot on Hasek is the only other solid memory I can grab-- other than our guy we left teamless who ended up MVP while we killed good will and destroyed any chance of a marketing coup for the team and didn't even get the almost obligatory replacement rep to the game.

#GoYotes!

Reactions: CC96

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

He's giving a finger to the NHL.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Got to meet Clayton Keller and Shane Doan today. People talk so much crap about the All Star but I had a great weekend!
I think it’s a fun thing. Especially for families. I don’t watch on TV but I will when my kids are little older. As for going? Hell yeah. I’d go in a heart beat. It would be awesome to attend.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Got to meet Clayton Keller and Shane Doan today. People talk so much crap about the All Star but I had a great weekend!
I like watching the skills, not so much the game. If we ever get one in Phoenix, I would attend for sure.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I think it’s a fun thing. Especially for families. I don’t watch on TV but I will when my kids are little older. As for going? Hell yeah. I’d go in a heart beat. It would be awesome to attend.

It's fun but not serious. There are plenty of things that are fun but not serious.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I like watching the skills, not so much the game. If we ever get one in Phoenix, I would attend for sure.

I've started liking the game again with the new 3-on-3 format. Before that, it was about as fun to watch as NFL's Pro Bowl, which is to say, not fun at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad