Speculation: Claude Loiselle to be named Head of Department of Player Safety

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Hee. the Circle of life. Shanahan leaves, comes in, and fires everyone, and Claude takes his old job. Bets on how many Leafs get suspended? :D :D

(I kid - even though he did not do a good job here, I'm glad that he was able to get a job quickly). It's not 100 percent confirmed - but here are the rumours here and here

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Didn't Colin Cambell make sure his son didn't get suspended. Whats stopping Loiselle from giving the leafs harsher punishments for firing his stupid ass?

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Didn't Colin Cambell make sure his son didn't get suspended. Whats stopping Loiselle from giving the leafs harsher punishments for firing his stupid ass?

"If I'm unable to comprehend basic math enough to manage the cap, then I'm sure as hell unable to determine proper suspension lengths using that same methodology".

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Well, figuring out one number to apply to something might be easier for Claude than the mathematical sorcery required to manage the salary cap I suppose...I have no reason to think he'll be any better at this job than his last one though.

Oct 19, 2007
All I will say is that I wish him all the best if he do get that position with the league. In every interview I have ever seen Claude Loiselle in, he always comes across as a gentleman. Good luck Claude..

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I wonder if he'll be liberally giving out seven and eight year suspensions?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Well, if he is that unprofessional and takes a firing personally then maybe somebody in the NHL would pick up on that before hiring him.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
"If I'm unable to comprehend basic math enough to manage the cap, then I'm sure as hell unable to determine proper suspension lengths using that same methodology".

He did not sign players to those contracts. Nonis and Burke did.

He managed the cap like a genius last year, allowing us to call up players, using Long term injury to give us cap room to call up players as Nonis spent to the cap and left little room to allow the team to run.

As far as other areas of his job, I have no idea if he did it well or not as I was not aware of his additional responsibilities.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
He did not sign players to those contracts. Nonis and Burke did.

He managed the cap like a genius last year, allowing us to call up players, using Long term injury to give us cap room to call up players as Nonis spent to the cap and left little room to allow the team to run.

uh...you do know that the Leafs tried to call up a player at one point last year and couldn't because they didn't have the cap space right?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
uh...you do know that the Leafs tried to call up a player at one point last year and couldn't because they didn't have the cap space right?

They had to wait a day..until they could as a result of players go on the long term injury list. Look at all the players we had injured last year....Remember it was Nonis who put us in cap He'll blaming the person who got us through the season is wrong.

I get it he is gone but the person in charge of signing players to deals is the responsible party.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
They had to wait a day..until they could as a result of players go on the long term injury list. Look at all the players we had injured last year....Remember it was Nonis who put us in cap He'll blaming the person who got us through the season is wrong.

I get it he is gone but the person in charge of signing players to deals is the responsible party.

look, you're the one who specifically said he managed the cap like a genius allowing us to call players up. Nonis has nothing to do with Loiselle's mistake.

It's not even that big of a deal, but I've seen nothing to indicate the Leafs have lost anything here. I'm fairly sure Dubas is handy with Excel.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
You can guarantee Shanny had something to do with the hiring to soften the blow of leaving this winning atmosphere.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
look, you're the one who specifically said he managed the cap like a genius allowing us to call players up. Nonis has nothing to do with Loiselle's mistake.

It's not even that big of a deal, but I've seen nothing to indicate the Leafs have lost anything here. I'm fairly sure Dubas is handy with Excel.

He did a great job managing the cap.....I just do not see the sense in blaming him for the contracts that Nonis signed is all. I could care less that he was fired....the only bad thing is that Nonis was not included as that Dough head signed Clarkson and Dion to some of the most horrendous deals in hockey!

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
You can guarantee Shanny had something to do with the hiring to soften the blow of leaving this winning atmosphere.

This exactly. Also when Shanny got hired didn't they say he would be directly involved in finding a replacement. I don't think that the result would be more Toronto players getting suspended

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad