Confirmed with Link: Claude Julien to return as Bruins coach for 2015-16 season

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Wow!
His player development is worse than I thought.
Not one of them is breaking down the door and playing so well that they must push someone out of the lineup.
Maybe Spooner.
Mostly 4th liners
But he took a while to ripen and still has massive holes in his game.
Julien will have to sort him out and tell him what's up.

We got the impatient type here. Expects all prospects to be NHL-ready by ripe old age of 21 or else they bust. Cassidy coaches up whatever players are drafted - no stars - and passed on down and wins. Check on Providence W/L record last three years and weep.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Wow!

His player development is worse than I thought.

Not one of them is breaking down the door and playing so well that they must push someone out of the lineup.

Maybe Spooner.

Mostly 4th liners

But he took a while to ripen and still has massive holes in his game.

Julien will have to sort him out and tell him what's up.

his god son Florek will be up soon enough to save the day....bet they are vacationing right now:laugh:

7bostonhockey*

I heard Claude was infatuated by 4th liners But Cassidy is on another level.

All that 4th line development will save the big club .500 thousand or so.

Keep pushing boys...the 4th line is going to be the key to our success. Lol

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Puck Daddy rated Bruce Cassidy the worst coach/executive in the his-tory of the Washington Capitals last summer in his 2014 review of the franchises
this from the Washington Post
thttp://offwing.com/2003/12/cassidys-capital-calamity

Oh sure. Cassidy made the veteran crybabies work and coached and dragged them to second place finish in division in '02-'03. After that, the inmates rebelled, took over, and got rid of the coach. What happened to the Capitals after Cassidy left? Bottom of the division next three years, last-last-and last. That's how they drafted Ovechkin. But you already know that.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
1-stop to play 4th line more than 10 minutes
2-stop to play 4th line with less than 10 minutes when bruins need a goal
3-stop to send 4th lime AFTER a bruins goal to stop the momentum
4-stop to use a 4th liner as 6th forward
5-stop to give pp time to 4th liners whatever is the fu€#^#%}. Reason
6-try loui with krejci
7-give spoon, pasta and koko freedom in creativity and don't blame them like a coward in front of journalist
8-be a lot lot better in your shootout choices
9-stop to try to get a tie in ot
10-stop to try to make clone of kelly from all players
11-use chara more wisely, he is old !
12-have the courage to make adjustments and dare to change the tempo of the games
And i will like you as coach mr. Clode
Clode will change one thing ? NO
But if by miracle he do, i will be happy with him
But...

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Consider this a vote against Cassidy. There are stories I don't like. And I don't like the results.

I am on the same boat. It's odd to me that the organization kept everybody in terms of coaching. At least they got rid of some of the scouts (and kept Gretzky).

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Puck Daddy rated Bruce Cassidy the worst coach/executive in the his-tory of the Washington Capitals last summer in his 2014 review of the franchises

this from the Washington Post

thttp://offwing.com/2003/12/cassidys-capital-calamity

he got the job because he grew up in Ottawa with Chiarelli....I actually didn't know this until I heard it and that the plan was for him to come to Boston as the assistant coach in Providence; they would knock off Rob Murray, and Cassidy would be ready when Claude stumbled.

I don't want him in Providence fukking up the prospects I'd rather have him in either Edmonton fukking up theirs or Boston as the coach screwing the entire team in front of all use guys so I could have a bleeping laugh and watch use folks defend him as he and this team spin out of control.

I was going to ask how this fool got hired by the Bruins in the first place, but now I see.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
11350938_503061439841893_915134015_n.jpg

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
Okay kind of changing the topic, but from what I've read on here some people don't seem to like Cassidy and sounds like he was a favorite of PC. From Dan it sounded like Sweeney and Cassidy didn't and don't see eye to eye...

So with Sweeney now as the GM....why does Cassidy still have a job with them...

good to hear our farm system is loaded and he did get a couple of wins in the playoffs

Gen DKH

General Dan...answer for me please...:)

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
6-try loui with krejci
7-give spoon, pasta and koko freedom in creativity and don't blame them like a coward in front of journalist
12-have the courage to make adjustments and dare to change the tempo of the games
But...

good list but I can't agree with number 9. He did go often with three F and one D in OT to try and win. Mainly because he knew we sucked so bad in the shootout.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Claude Julien knows Bruins need to change

WILMINGTON – Nearly two months passed from the end of the season until Claude Julien was informed by GM Don Sweeney he would return for 2015-16. Julien did not enjoy the wait. But he understood why it had to happen.

“I understand the business,†Julien said during a press conference at Ristuccia Arena. “You have to give the GM time to assess and make decisions. He’s got to feel comfortable too. As much as it wasn’t a lot of fun or easy, it wasn’t frustration. It was more about understanding the situation. I understood it.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...need-change/LTarCq4IMnjz5mrykD2tRK/story.html

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Oh sure. Cassidy made the veteran crybabies work and coached and dragged them to second place finish in division in '02-'03. After that, the inmates rebelled, took over, and got rid of the coach. What happened to the Capitals after Cassidy left? Bottom of the division next three years, last-last-and last. That's how they drafted Ovechkin. But you already know that.

Butch blew it here and he knows it. He'd love to do a do over because if he could he'd be the coach today. The under surface is such a great story with a lot of lessons. Cassidy has exceptional ability and qualities but he isn't perfect and the sad thing is his imperfections could have been easily corrected. He had a plan but as the saying goes 'the best laid plans of mice and men go awry' and it didn't have to.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah Clode's gonna change. He's gonna go from extra crispy to original recipe :laugh:.

I saw Claude appear on TV at the gym and that goatie screams 'uptempo'

As Davey Jones of the Monkees not of the Oilers once sang 'I'm a Believer.

Michelle and other doubters I want that song stuck in your head till you realize Claude is a changed man. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't reading a racy novel. The man looks and sounds different.

Viva la Claude!!!!! Viva la Claude!!!!

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013
I saw Claude appear on TV at the gym and that goatie screams 'uptempo'

As Davey Jones of the Monkees not of the Oilers once sang 'I'm a Believer.

Michelle and other doubters I want that song stuck in your head till you realize Claude is a changed man. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't reading a racy novel. The man looks and sounds different.

Viva la Claude!!!!! Viva la Claude!!!!

Did you guys listen to what Claude said today? It doesn't seem like he's changing anything

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
6-try loui with krejci
But...

I don't think he's allowed to choose players from the other team.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Goatee Claude is a complete badass now. Stanley Cup incoming.

I like it. It does look a little more bad-ass. Obviously that was the missing ingredient! And with PC gone, there was a noticeable lack of facial hair in the management team.

I think Neely and Sweeney should follow suit. They'd look real bad-ass with goatees.

It's the new facially aggressive Bruins!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad