Confirmed with Link: Claude Julien to return as Bruins coach for 2015-16 season

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
have to disagree Lou, Sweeney is not operating the way our society has become- I want something now and I'll be damned if its well thought out.

Last I looked the opening game is in October and I didnt realize they had to do everything in 5 minutes

I miss the days the third line RW opening consumed all this boards time

lets take a look at this in January and I believe you will be whistling a differnt tune

They are capable, but this offseason thus far management wise has been a farce. Awkward press conferences, phantom GM searches, 40 plus days or whatever to say Claude will be back...We will see, looks like business as usual right now.

I miss those days too, the Bruins were good. :laugh:

I do like Sweeney though , always have, so I'm willing to give him the benefit .

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
They are capable, but this offseason thus far management wise has been a farce. Awkward press conferences, phantom GM searches, 40 plus days or whatever to say Claude will be back...We will see, looks like business as usual right now.

I miss those days too, the Bruins were good. :laugh:

I do like Sweeney though , always have, so I'm willing to give him the benefit .

I thought Sweeney was excellent during his press conference, and the other guy is in EDM...no worries :laugh:

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
The only thing I will say about this is that this team seems to look more tired in back to back and three in fours than most nhl teams. I have heard Peter say they are all in great shape so I don't really dispute that but to me four lines rolled is a must for this team .

That's why I said I don't mind rolling 4 lines...but the 4th line should not see over 10 minutes of ice time.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I will third this motion. No confidence in Gasper to talk hockey intelligently.

I will wait and see what this team looks like in October and after the deadline before I freak out on them. Would like to see some change in the Top 6/9 as well as Bottom 3 and clearing of Cap space, along with the addition of a two-way D-man and the subtraction of Cassidy in PRO.

We are still not even to the draft...patience people.

I believe we will start to see the wheels in motion once this hits. Not getting to worked up over a roster I can see yet or get pissed about moves that have not been made.

I'm with you as well, to many people standing on the edge. Lets see some moves before we declare next year a bust.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The really good thing I've been overlooking is Sweeney and his passion for the Providence kids...Maybe we will get some real change up here.

You can't force things if there aren't any viable candidates. I would like to see KoKo get a good look in Camp and Randell as well on the 4th line. Other than that (maybe Morrow), not sure who else could contribute this year? Arnesson, if he surprises?

7bostonhockey*

The really good thing I've been overlooking is Sweeney and his passion for the Providence kids...Maybe we will get some real change up here.
Providence.
Chock full of mediocrity.

Even an ugly baby has proud parents.

I blame Cassidy.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Providence.

Even an ugly baby has proud parents.

I blame Cassidy.

I agree to an extent.

I want to see Cassidy gone like the wind, insert a coach that can work with young players, then will be interesting to see what kids like Czarnick, Acciari, Hickman, Cave, Hargrove, Vatrano, and Arnesson bring to the table (along with whomever else stays).

That's a good mix of skill and grit there.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
You can't force things if there aren't any viable candidates. I would like to see KoKo get a good look in Camp and Randell as well on the 4th line. Other than that (maybe Morrow), not sure who else could contribute this year? Arnesson, if he surprises?

Phillips?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I mean like Spooner and Ferlin and Trotman will get some real patience and guidance up here...

I think Koko and Morrow make the club as well.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
Providence.

Even an ugly baby has proud parents. <--speaking from experience..;) sorry had too...:laugh:

I blame Cassidy.

Okay kind of changing the topic, but from what I've read on here some people don't seem to like Cassidy and sounds like he was a favorite of PC. From Dan it sounded like Sweeney and Cassidy didn't and don't see eye to eye...

So with Sweeney now as the GM....why does Cassidy still have a job with them...

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Providence players who are viable candidates to contribute to the big club next year:

Khokhlachev
Ferlin
Randell
Flick
Griffith
Lindblad

Morrow
Trotman

Pastrnak and Spooner have "graduated" IMO.

I'll leave out Subban because I think he needs another year in the AHL, hopefully in a true starters role. And Boston needs a true NHL experience back-up, not a question mark.

I'll also leave out Group VI UFAs like Florek, Carey, Warsofsky, and Jeremy Smith until they are actually re-signed by Boston.

Dark horses: Arnesson, Casto, and Camara.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Okay kind of changing the topic, but from what I've read on here some people don't seem to like Cassidy and sounds like he was a favorite of PC. From Dan it sounded like Sweeney and Cassidy didn't and don't see eye to eye...
So with Sweeney now as the GM....why does Cassidy still have a job with them...

Cassidy develops players and wins. The armchair generals work their keyboards.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Sorry, meant the Chia end of the year one, then the Neely/Jacobs one... Awful . :laugh:

Actually, it's interesting that Neely sounds quite confident in these pressers, while Jacobs sounds very nervous, his voice often shaking. I wonder what he's like behind closed doors...

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Providence players who are viable candidates to contribute to the big club next year:

Khokhlachev
Ferlin
Randell
Flick
Griffith
Lindblad

Morrow
Trotman

Pastrnak and Spooner have "graduated" IMO.

I'll leave out Subban because I think he needs another year in the AHL, hopefully in a true starters role. And Boston needs a true NHL experience back-up, not a question mark.

I'll also leave out Group VI UFAs like Florek, Carey, Warsofsky, and Jeremy Smith until they are actually re-signed by Boston.

Dark horses: Arnesson, Casto, and Camara.
I root for chaos so if the Bruins promoted Cassidy I would love it

my first desire is Cassidy joins Edmonton

my second is he coaches Boston and does what he did in Washington both on and off the ice

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Cassidy develops players and wins. The armchair generals work their keyboards.

I like this one

Calle Johansson talks about his troubles with Cassidy

Interesting story in Aftonbladet. http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/...454676,00.html

Calle Johansson talks about what happened when it turned sour between him and Cassidy.

"It was so stupid. Bruce Cassidy came to me completely serious and said I should go out and run someone over, simply kill someone"

"I told him I had played 14 years on the NHL and never done anything like that and that I wouldn't do it this time. Then I didn't get to play again. I said nothing and walked away" (from Capitals I suspect he means).

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
You must be speaking of Julien.
What has Cassidy won and who has he developed?
Answer - nothing.
no one

Reminder for the uninitiated. Cunningham-Fallstrom-Spooner-Khokhlachev-Ferlin-Griffith-Florek-Flick-Randell-Lindblad-Kane-Morrow-Trotman. I've been talking up Providence prospects for two years. Julien stood in the way of prospect graduation, but Sweeney about to change that. You'll know your prospects lots better when the smoke clears starting later this year.

7bostonhockey*

Reminder for the uninitiated. Cunningham-Fallstrom-Spooner-Khokhlachev-Ferlin-Griffith-Florek-Flick-Randell-Lindblad-Kane-Morrow-Trotman. I've been talking up Providence prospects for two years. Julien stood in the way of prospect graduation, but Sweeney about to change that. You'll know your prospects lots better when the smoke clears starting later this year.

Wow!

His player development is worse than I thought.

Not one of them is breaking down the door and playing so well that they must push someone out of the lineup.

Maybe Spooner.

Mostly 4th liners

But he took a while to ripen and still has massive holes in his game.

Julien will have to sort him out and tell him what's up.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Puck Daddy rated Bruce Cassidy the worst coach/executive in the his-tory of the Washington Capitals last summer in his 2014 review of the franchises

this from the Washington Post

thttp://offwing.com/2003/12/cassidys-capital-calamity

Cassidy was fired because he didn't lose one player; he lost all of them. Once that happens, a coach is finished.

he got the job because he grew up in Ottawa with Chiarelli....I actually didn't know this until I heard it and that the plan was for him to come to Boston as the assistant coach in Providence; they would knock off Rob Murray, and Cassidy would be ready when Claude stumbled.

I don't want him in Providence fukking up the prospects I'd rather have him in either Edmonton fukking up theirs or Boston as the coach screwing the entire team in front of all use guys so I could have a bleeping laugh and watch use folks defend him as he and this team spin out of control.

Last edited:

7bostonhockey*

What does it say about this organization that someone like Cassidy is safe while Claude Julien was left twisting in the wind for months?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->