Confirmed with Link: Claude Julien Receives 3-Year Extension

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
You're a fan. He's a coach. He's about business, not recrimination.

And as I said, coaches talk to the media and talk to their players in totally different ways. Julien, from everything players have said, is a straight shooting, no bull**** guy, who won't blow smoke up your behind (to paraphrase Jim Bouton). He'll tell the players exactly what they need to work on, where they're failing, etc. etc., but he does so to their faces, not to the media.

Which is as it should be, IMHO. I don't need to be placated by the coach. I want him to work with his players, not play PR director.

I agree.. He's gotta hold his head, and is doing a great job at it.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Now I'm usually a Clode fan but this season he's been frustrating the hell out of me.

Loui-Soda-Looch seems like a very obvious line combo in the absence of Krejci.
Especially if there's been trouble scoring.
And yet they've only spent a handful of shifts together despite looking good in those shifts.

Can someone who understands this man tell me why he is not doing this?
What are the reasons against this line combo?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Now I'm usually a Clode fan but this season he's been frustrating the hell out of me.

Loui-Soda-Looch seems like a very obvious line combo in the absence of Krejci.
Especially if there's been trouble scoring.
And yet they've only spent a handful of shifts together despite looking good in those shifts.

Can someone who understands this man tell me why he is not doing this?
What are the reasons against this line combo?

He`s a former closet HF`er, until he was pushed off the site (I think he was Dojji:sarcasm:) he was always reading our stuff so my answer to your final question is simple

Spite:laugh:

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
yes, gets a 2nd cup too.
lol no chance unless he is here another 10 years. this team has regressed a lot and will be a while before they are as competitive as anaheim, chicago, st louis, l.a...hell montreal has passed them quite handily now, pittsburgh has a much better coach and should win the east, preds, isles, could keep going here.

jdz

May 22, 2013
lol no chance unless he is here another 10 years. this team has regressed a lot and will be a while before they are as competitive as anaheim, chicago, st louis, l.a...hell montreal has passed them quite handily now, pittsburgh has a much better coach and should win the east, preds, isles, could keep going here.

Yet when we won the president's last year, you were probably saying we were a hell of a chance at a cup.

A slow start does not make the team. Lucic had NO preseason, krejci is injured, chara is injured, Krug was injured, mills is injured. Give the team some time to get some rhythm after an interrupted preseason and start to the season, then start passing judgement.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
He`s a former closet HF`er, until he was pushed off the site (I think he was Dojji:sarcasm:) he was always reading our stuff so my answer to your final question is simple

Spite:laugh:

It would be classic Clode.

But seriously, the only thing I can think of at this point is Soderberg's wrist injury and not wanting him to take 1st line face offs. Otherwise I don't get it at all.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Yet when we won the president's last year, you were probably saying we were a hell of a chance at a cup.

A slow start does not make the team. Lucic had NO preseason, krejci is injured, chara is injured, Krug was injured, mills is injured. Give the team some time to get some rhythm after an interrupted preseason and start to the season, then start passing judgement.
This team was good last year. Not great. It needed to add at the deadline more than they did. I picked them to lose to the habs. Won money on it too. This year the same good team lost its best goal scorer, second best dman, a guy who would stand up and fight for the team and did nothing to replace them. Not only that, the Habs are so deep in the Bruins heads, there is no hope in hell in beating them. And if we make the playoffs who do you think we will have to go through? This team is toast. Qq

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Chia should have put a caveat in the extension that if he does not improve his record against the Montreal Canadiens dramatically, the extension is withdrawn on a yearly basis.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Chia should have put a caveat in the extension that if he does not improve his record against the Montreal Canadiens dramatically, the extension is withdrawn on a yearly basis.

The further removed this team gets from the cup, the more I believe a change is needed in the GM office and on the bench. It's starting to look like that team was just a perfect storm of everything breaking right for the B's and that the win was nothing more than an anomaly. This team today, as it stands, is devoid of any true elite scoring talent up front. It's one dimensional, slow, old, and overpaid. The hope would be that draft picks would supplant aging vets, but with PC's history, that isn't happening.

jdz

May 22, 2013
This team was good last year. Not great. It needed to add at the deadline more than they did. I picked them to lose to the habs. Won money on it too. This year the same good team lost its best goal scorer, second best dman, a guy who would stand up and fight for the team and did nothing to replace them. Not only that, the Habs are so deep in the Bruins heads, there is no hope in hell in beating them. And if we make the playoffs who do you think we will have to go through? This team is toast. Qq

There is always a hope in this game and this league. If you're happy to bet for the opposition and go with what the pundits are predicting and say the team is done, then that's fair enough. Me? I'll take the ups with the downs and support them until they're done.

With regard to the personnel losses and getting "nothing in replace them", no team in the NHL is there to serve the Bruins. Sometimes the deals aren't there.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Claude Julien is still the coach of the Boston Bruins at the end of this extension: yes or no?

This is a hard call. Things will have to get pretty ugly and stay that way for him to go. He's got a fairly long leash with Chia. And I don't think Chia axes him until he thinks his job is threatened.

And I agree with Wally, they'll make significant changes with the players before getting rid of him.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I think we'll see roster changes ( small & big) before we see a coaching change.

Of course. I don't expect that Julien is going anywhere. I do wonder if the team is starting to tune him out though, what with all these uneven, inconsistent performances, and the generally lazy effort we see nightly.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
The further removed this team gets from the cup, the more I believe a change is needed in the GM office and on the bench. It's starting to look like that team was just a perfect storm of everything breaking right for the B's and that the win was nothing more than an anomaly. This team today, as it stands, is devoid of any true elite scoring talent up front. It's one dimensional, slow, old, and overpaid. The hope would be that draft picks would supplant aging vets, but with PC's history, that isn't happening.

2011 an anomaly? That's a bit of an exaggeration seeing as they were 2 wins away from a Cup 2 years later.

Mind you this group has some work to do to resemble those teams.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
This is a hard call. Things will have to get pretty ugly and stay that way for him to go. He's got a fairly long leash with Chia. And I don't think Chia axes him until he thinks his job is threatened.

And I agree with Wally, they'll make significant changes with the players before getting rid of him.

You mean more trade of our young offensive stars for others old 12 goals scorers as clode love

member 96824

2011 an anomaly? That's a bit of an exaggeration seeing as they were 2 wins away from a Cup 2 years later.

Mind you this group has some work to do to resemble those teams.

62 minutes*

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It would be classic Clode.

But seriously, the only thing I can think of at this point is Soderberg's wrist injury and not wanting him to take 1st line face offs. Otherwise I don't get it at all.

My opinion (often incorrect) is that Kelly up there with Looch and Griff is simply a way to have a solid 3 zone player on that line (defensive conscious). Sods is solid defensively, but not as polished as Kelly in his own zone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->