Claude Julien fined $10,000

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Idiot keeps whining openly about the referees and some fans still wonder why his teams always quit on him. No need for effort if the games are decided by the referees, right Clode ?
In that particular game? Clode was 100% correct. And coming from a Leafs fan that sees my team in the bottom of the league in PP chances for 3 straight years? Ya, game management by officials is real.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
In that particular game? Clode was 100% correct. And coming from a Leafs fan that sees my team in the bottom of the league in PP chances for 3 straight years? Ya, game management by officials is real.
They are absolutely getting directive from some instance of NHL management.
You will see all of a sudden they start calling obstruction more, then it's the slashes to the hands, etc. That's why referees a shit, because they don't even have the liberty to apply the book. We all remember the leaked emails from Campbell, saying watch player X for Y reason. Watch team A for B reason. ETC. It's a farce.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
They are absolutely getting directive from some instance of NHL management.
You will see all of a sudden they start calling obstruction more, then it's the slashes to the hands, etc. That's why referees a ****, because they don't even have the liberty to apply the book. We all remember the leaked emails from Campbell, saying watch player X for Y reason. Watch team A for B reason. ETC. It's a farce.
Agreed. Speaking to Toronto last night, team played horribly, so that's that...but with PPs already 2-0 for Buffalo...Hyman ties the game at 2. The refs immediatly give Muzzin a penalty making the PPs 3-0 Buffalo...Eichel scores. We got our 1 and only PP LATE in the 3rd with the game way out of reach.

This happens consistantly.

Reactions: Chompchompr

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
You gotta love a MTL coach whining about refs :biglaugh:Dallas had two PPs and MTL had none. Yup, a big time conspiracy.

The team blew a 3-0 lead at home and I guess egos had to be protected.

The loss is on the habs. however, Julien isn't wrong on the reffing of the game.

just some of them.
Chiarot was tripped (no penalty) but he was called on the slash. (can't find the video).
It happens everytime that a game is poorly officiated, that's why Julien deserves the fine. The team is getting out of the playoffs and the coach and the players are frustrated

Kovalchuk stick

high stick on Domi (can't find the video, but this is the aftermath)

Reactions: The Macho Man

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Missed calls happen every game. They could have called a dive on Montreal in OT when I believe it was Armia who barely got tapped on the stick and he went down like he skated over a hole in the ice. His feet and legs weren't even touched but a sniper got him.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Missed calls happen every game. They could have called a dive on Montreal in OT when I believe it was Armia who barely got tapped on the stick and he went down like he skated over a hole in the ice. His feet and legs weren't even touched but a sniper got him.

It wasn't the non trip I was concerned about, but more the hooking non call. Its usually an automatic 2 if you hook a guys hands ....or break a guys stick....or get a high stick to the face, especially all in front of the ref.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Kinda dumb to let your emotions get the best of you, but it wasn't like he's lying. People aren't paying to see the Zebras.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
It wasn't the non trip I was concerned about, but more the hooking non call. Its usually an automatic 2 if you hook a guys hands ....or break a guys stick....or get a high stick to the face, especially all in front of the ref.

I'd be more concerned about giving up 4 straight goals and giving the puck away 26 times.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
The loss is on the habs. however, Julien isn't wrong on the reffing of the game.

just some of them.
Chiarot was tripped (no penalty) but he was called on the slash. (can't find the video).
It happens everytime that a game is poorly officiated, that's why Julien deserves the fine. The team is getting out of the playoffs and the coach and the players are frustrated

Kovalchuk stick

high stick on Domi (can't find the video, but this is the aftermath)

Please learn the rules dude.

61.1 Slashing - Slashing is the act of a player swinging his stick at an opponent, whether contact is made or not. Non-aggressive stick contact to the pant or front of the shin pads, should not be penalized as slashing. Any forceful or powerful chop with the stick on an opponent’s body, the opponent’s stick, or on or near the opponent’s hands that, in the judgment of the Referee, is not an attempt to play the puck, shall be penalized as slashing.

Seguin gets all puck, and steals it from Kovalchuk. That is not slashing just because the stick breaks.

------------

Refs missed two minutes for diving on Armia but Julien was crying for a trippnig penalty.

-----------

Domi took a butt-end to the face after the whistle in the second period, was not called a penalty. Injury got reopened by Janmarks glove in the corner in the OT period. Slight stick contact but not a blatant high stick.

------------

Good to see Julien who doesn't know the rules of the game, and is clearly semi-blind get fined. Super annoying to have players, coaches, and media crying like this after a game. Wake up Montreal..

Reactions: Mykayla

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
The NHL Foundation thanks you, Claude.

Maybe he was protecting his team or maybe his earlier rants resulted in the perceived bias in this game. But I don't think the calls/non calls were so inconsistent with what is seen every night in most every game.

After the reading the "Abuse of Officials" rule to me it sounds like Morton could have assessed about 6 minutes worth of minor penalties to Gallagher after that exchange. Morton did him a favor by just telling him something.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010

yep the same Armia who got a 2 min penalty for a diving Stars player. If you didn't watch the game then you should just stop posting non sense. Domi get's highsticked in the face causing his lip to split.. no call.. the other penalty called on the Habs was a Chariot one hand slash on the shin pad, he did that once he got tripped by that same Star player.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
yep the same Armia who got a 2 min penalty for a diving Stars player. If you didn't watch the game then you should just stop posting non sense. Domi get's highsticked in the face causing his lip to split.. no call.. the other penalty called on the Habs was a Chariot one hand slash on the shin pad, he did that once he got tripped by that same Star player.

Are you a Claude Julien puppet? EXACT same quote from Julien in the press conference after the game, but if you watch the clip it's a two handed chop from his butt. Please please please watch the game before commenting!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad