Claude Giroux

Sum1winachampionship

Mar 21, 2004
I don't get a chance to see any prospects play (living in D.C.). So i only catch up on progress through this site (good or bad). For those who see him, what should people expect from him this year? What would be a good/average/bad year? Just curious so as i start to follow him I get an idea of where he should be in his progression.

NeonDion

Jun 21, 2006
Claude Giroux is an amazing, offensively gifted player. He has speed and skill by the bucketloads. If he continues to develop along the same pace and the "New" NHL rules stay in effect allowing smaller players to thrive, He could be as good as Martin St. Louis. He'll probably develop faster than St. Louis because people are willing to give smaller players a chance. For young guys similar to him, think Pruch or Svatos with a little less finishing and better ability to find the open man and make some stellar passes. I also think he'll be less injury prone than both of those players.

Talent Analyst

Dec 24, 2005
100th years
He's an amazing player . At the middle of the year , I have follow him since the start of the year and the player that I have wanted the habs to take is Him and Derick Brassard . Don't forget that Giroux has been ranked on the late round and Brassard at 16e overall . When I was see Giroux play , he have the determination and the heart to be an NHLer . He have the potentiel to be an Elite NHLer .

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What kind of numbers should Flyers fans be hoping for from Giroux this season in the Q? Does he have a chance to reach 130-140 points?

The more I hear about Giroux, the more I like him. I think if he develops well he'll be an ideal fit on the wing of Jeff Carter as a playmaking winger.

razman22

Mar 24, 2006
I watched him play last night at the Junior evaluation camp in Calgary and he looked pretty good. He's going to be a force for Team Canada this year and I'm hoping he'll get put on a line with Toews and Marchand.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
What kind of numbers should Flyers fans be hoping for from Giroux this season in the Q? Does he have a chance to reach 130-140 points?

The more I hear about Giroux, the more I like him. I think if he develops well he'll be an ideal fit on the wing of Jeff Carter as a playmaking winger.

Well, he did score over 100 in his rookie year, and the Q is a scorer's league. He could definitely eclipse the 140 mark, especially when you consider that players usually trend upwards in their scoring year after year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad