Claude Giroux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuiff

Jul 11, 2002
Horsham (Philly)
Giroux won't be traded. Hell will freeze over first!

His new contract is bloated and looks even worse because in fact Holmgren re-signed him when most of us thought that his value could never be lower after missing the playoffs and a pretty rough shortened season. They should have gotten some sort of discount or delayed negotiations when it became clear where this was headed but instead chose to make this quick to lock down what they thought was the main cornerstone of the franchise.
Giroux got 9 more seasons to show what he is made of and what it takes to wear the C on an orange and black sweater. He better start now....
I made a similar comment on another thread and totally got shouted down.. I'm on your side

Slim Cognito*

Honestly, I'm not sure he's tough enough to play in this city. We've seen it before with super talented players - Lindros, Cechmanek, Pitkanen, Richards, Carter, Bobrovsky - the list goes on and on - who just don't seem to have the Philly mentality required to win here. Whether you blame the fans, the media, or the players themselves, that just seems to be the case.

Let's hope he proves me wrong.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Honestly, I'm not sure he's tough enough to play in this city. We've seen it before with super talented players - Lindros, Cechmanek, Pitkanen, Richards, Carter, Bobrovsky - the list goes on and on - who just don't seem to have the Philly mentality required to win here. Whether you blame the fans, the media, or the players themselves, that just seems to be the case.

Let's hope he proves me wrong.

This is seriously the lamest excuse. Enlighten me on the "Philly mentality" it takes to win here? Let's not pretend that Philly is the toughest city to play in. You're under much more scrutiny in every single Canadian hockey market.

It's not the city/market/whatever you want to call it. Absolutely not

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Consider paying a 60 pt player 8 mill a year. Aka Crosby/Malkin money. It may not be worth taking that kind of risk. Could be lethal to this franchise. On the others and we all know g cares a lot and goes through these things when he gets in his own head. He very well may actually be that 90pt guy

this is wrong. Crosby took a discount to get that 8.7m cap number. he's easily worth more than that. probably over 10m. Malkin will be making 9.5m next year, and his numbers the last few years have been equal or worse than Giroux's. the players in the 7.5-8.5m range are the likes of Staal, Nash, Perry, Getzlaf, Parise, etc... and Giroux has been above or on par with them the last 3 years.

G makes exactly what he should be making now. at least wait until he has a down season before jumping all over him instead of after a bad 12 game stretch.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
You guys crack me up with this "tough enough" schtick. This is the same guy who was in shouting matches with Pronger and fought Crosby, Foligno and Kennedy who are all bigger than him. He's not a mentally soft person. You can argue about his maturity and readiness to be the captain, but he's not exactly a *****.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
The problem with Claude Giroux is simple.....

He is and will be relied on to do everything for the Flyers and will end up frustrated, injured, discouraged and eventually disliked by the fans. Blame the GM not Giroux.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
What's going on here :laugh:

Is this Craiglist or something?

FFF (Frustrated Flyer Fan) seeking similar to send a pic of his junk...:laugh:

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
No thank you. Carlos Danger can keep his pic to himself.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
He should never have been given the C. Entirely unnecessary and would potentially be the making of someone like Hartnell instead.

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
The problem with Claude Giroux is simple.....

He is and will be relied on to do everything for the Flyers and will end up frustrated, injured, discouraged and eventually disliked by the fans. Blame the GM not Giroux.

It's the GMs fault that Giroux hasn't scored a goal yet this season?

How many games until G not scoring is actually Gs fault?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The problem with being a Captain on the Flyers is that you don't only get blamed for your own sucking, but many fans and media members blame you for other players sucking too.

mantis toboggan

Aug 2, 2009
South Jersey
G hasn't scored yet because he refuses to shoot at even strength. He has an excellent wrist shot he just never uses it and always looks for the pass. On the power play he always tries to shoot from the top left circle and it gets blocked every single time...

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
The problem with being a Captain on the Flyers is that you don't only get blamed for your own sucking, but many fans and media members blame you for other players sucking too.

Bingo. This fanbase severely overrates the role of captain. He's a great player and leader but he's not God. He can't just snap his fingers and make this team play well. There are 24 other players responsible for their own performance.

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009

If the C bears no responsibility than what is the damn point of having a C? Just to talk to the refs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad