Claude Giroux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
My thoughts.

Will start to get called out in the media.

Will have beat "reporters" being jackasses in post game interviews.

Will get snippy with one or two of them.

Will get blasted in the media.

Will start to hate the media.

Will have things made up about him in the media.

Will be traded.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
My thoughts.

Will be traded.
Hmm that sounds pretty similar. Almost like I've seen it happen before!

:cry:

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
The team still doesn't know who they are, no real identity; new coach (kind of); looking for line chemistry; lots of guys appear snake bitten.

I don't think anything is really wrong with Giroux other than a slow start. Did you see his passes last night? If guys would have capitalized on those he could have had a 5 point night, there were some real beauties.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
I don't think anything is really wrong with Giroux other than a slow start. Did you see his passes last night? If guys would have capitalized on those he could have had a 5 point night, there were some real beauties.

Exactly. Giroux's not really a goal scorer, he creates opportunities for others. It just so happens the Flyers seem to have no one who can capitalize on those opportunities.

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
Exactly. Giroux's not really a goal scorer, he creates opportunities for others. It just so happens the Flyers seem to have no one who can capitalize on those opportunities.

Which really pisses me off. When G wants to shoot he can put it anywhere he wants... He really needs to shoot more, IMO; but, I'd be cool if they brought in a real sniper for him.

The D and goalie need to fear G's shot, that would help other players get open for him to dump it to them.

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
Well as the one and only Billy Ocean once said, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going".

This next couple months will be very telling about the captain of this team. If he cannot get the job done, then he is not the man for the job. It is up to him as the leader of this team to be the anchor that everyone else can pull from. This is where the Pronger influence is missed the most. You can be sure there would be flying elbows on the ice and in the dressing room if he was still playing.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My thoughts.

Will be traded.

The circle of life.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
According to a lot of people here he should be traded for a bag of pucks. He's a super talented player who simply started the season in a slump.

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
My point was that he needs to do more than put up points. He needs to motivate his teammates to perform like they can. That is why the C is on his sweater.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
He is in a slump...and it took almost 10 games for him to actually realize that he needs to try harder.
I hope he get his **** together and we won't have to keep this thread till the end of November :p:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

He has been notably better the last few games.

He will be fine /thread

Exactly.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
He's been a lot better lately, I imagine the poor start to his injury, lack of getting much preseason/on-ice training because of it. I'm sure come end of year he'll be up toward 70+ points and back to the G we love. Especially if they keep Vinny on his wing.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
He's been a lot better lately, I imagine the poor start to his injury, lack of getting much preseason/on-ice training because of it. I'm sure come end of year he'll be up toward 70+ points and back to the G we love. Especially if they keep Vinny on his wing.

I'd say it's the lack of off-ice training that has contributed to his slow start. His wrists and arms aren't as strong as they were pre-surgery, judging solely from watching his faceoffs.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I'd say it's the lack of off-ice training that has contributed to his slow start. His wrists and arms aren't as strong as they were pre-surgery, judging solely from watching his faceoffs.

You're right..off-ice training woulda made more sense to say. I just meant he had no game action from the preseason and wasn't really able to work out his arms/wrists/shooting because of the injury.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
My point was that he needs to do more than put up points. He needs to motivate his teammates to perform like they can. That is why the C is on his sweater.

It's not Giroux's job to motivate anyone. It's each individual player's responsibility to get himself motivated every time he steps out onto the ice. If anything it's more of a coaching responsibilty to get the team focused. Giroux's job is to lead by example in all facets of the game, not just scoring.

Codith

Aug 31, 2010
A coach motivates much more than a captain does. Giroux will be fine, slow start due to injury and missing a lot of important pre season prep. When he finally starts scoring he will play much more relaxed. Frankly giroux is the least of our worries, we still have guys like Hartnell out there that are literally useless.

Depending on how things progress and what direction they want to take with this year, I'd seriously consider moving Coburn/Hartnell/Kimo/B.schenn

I think Coburn+Schenn could be close to land someone like Big Buff
If either hartsy or Kimo elect to be moved, good picks or solid young players could potentially be had for the right package

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
It's not Giroux's job to motivate anyone. It's each individual player's responsibility to get himself motivated every time he steps out onto the ice. If anything it's more of a coaching responsibilty to get the team focused. Giroux's job is to lead by example in all facets of the game, not just scoring.

I think you are wrong here. If you don't think a captain trying to light a fire under his teammates by calling them out is more motivating then a coach, then I don't think you understand the dynamics of the dressing room. a coach can only do so much to try to get a guy on a 6 yr guarenteed contract with a full NMC to play. If a peer calls him out and says get your ass in gear, it means much more. They need Giroux to lead by example on the ice, but they also need him to start grilling these underachievers off the ice as well. You think Messier, Yzerman, Chara, Scott Stevens, Bourque, Pronger, or even Bobby Clarke himself just to name a few didn't take matters into their own hands when it was needed.

I just hope Giroux can prove himself the type of captain that not only leads by example but can kick guys ***** when they need kicking in the room.

SgtJoseph*

Roo is getting better as we go along, i think he will start netting some, but overall in my view our BEST offensive player over the last few years is Matt Read . He has great jump, can finish and back checks very well. He is a real steal in my view .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad