Claude Giroux: Part "Fire, Air, Water, Earth"

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
142 points from 1100, which I think is the threshold he needs to reach to have a good HOF shot.

Which is why I think he'll sign a 3 year extension at reasonable cost, even as a 3LW in a couple years he could put up 40-50 points a year and exceed that threshold - it would be cool if he could make the HOF as a lifetime Flyer.

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
142 points from 1100, which I think is the threshold he needs to reach to have a good HOF shot.

Which is why I think he'll sign a 3 year extension at reasonable cost, even as a 3LW in a couple years he could put up 40-50 points a year and exceed that threshold - it would be cool if he could make the HOF as a lifetime Flyer.
And a Stanley Cup championship?

Last edited:

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I know ppl will just attack the player and dismiss his comments, but Weise went on about praising Shea Webers leadership and how it impacted the culture in Mtl. In that rant he totally shot down Philly from the coaching to the lockeroom

"I use the Flyers as an example, where there was no coaching on that team, no coaches, no group of leaders. If there had been a Shea Weber, a situation like that would never have happened," he said."

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I know ppl will just attack the player and dismiss his comments, but Weise went on about praising Shea Webers leadership and how it impacted the culture in Mtl. In that rant he totally shot down Philly from the coaching to the lockeroom

"I use the Flyers as an example, where there was no coaching on that team, no coaches, no group of leaders. If there had been a Shea Weber, a situation like that would never have happened," he said."

f*** Dale Weise

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
My thoughts exactly. He’s just a whiny little B because he was benched after been given every possible chance to succeed.

Then how come the new management has even pin pointed a need to change the culture?

They clearly are making that the focus this year

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
Then how come the new management has even pin pointed a need to change the culture?

They clearly are making that the focus this year
Agreed. But you really can’t listen to Dale Weiss. It’s like asking a dude who worked at McDonald’s to give them a review after being lied to and fired by them in your short time. Now if Jake came forward and said something, we should listen. Dale Weiss is bitter.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Is there anywhere to look up G's performance recently at center vs wing? I know its blasphemy around here to even suggest moving G back to center, but I am curious if the numbers back up that he is significantly better at wing.

Just thinking about potential lineups, i still think the lines look a lot better with him as 2C and Hayes at 3C.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
True but that doesn't mean he is entirely wrong about the culture in the room either. Certainly right abo the coaching.

Ya, in that interview he praised ppl from old Mtl to current, Van and Chi.

The premise was also to defend Weber.
It didn't seem like a guy disgruntled and targetting Philly more than it did a guy having the luxury of using Philly as an example.

Not hard to debate Weisse's comments when Fletch and co have made that their focus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ya, in that interview he praised ppl from old Mtl to current, Van and Chi.

The premise was also to defend Weber.
It didn't seem like a guy disgruntled and targetting Philly more than it did a guy having the luxury of using Philly as an example.

Not hard to debate Weisse's comments when Fletch and co have made that their focus
what about the players who have contradicted him?

Weise has grumbled about how he was treated in Philly for years. This isn't new.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
what about the players who have contradicted him?

Weise has grumbled about how he was treated in Philly for years. This isn't new.

Like i said, the culture shift around Hayes is telling. AV publicly saying he wanted more from G also.

Look, I'm not saying G is a problematic personality, and I'm sure Haks culture was the main problem, but i just don't think Gs leadership is all that huge.

There's a reason the focus has shifted

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Like i said, the culture shift around Hayes is telling. AV publicly saying he wanted more from G also.

Look, I'm not saying G is a problematic personality, and I'm sure Haks culture was the main problem, but i just don't think Gs leadership is all that huge.

There's a reason the focus has shifted

The reason is marketing the New Things.

Or will we be blaming the Hayes group a year from now for the coming failure of this year?

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
What the hell is leadership anyways?

Seems to me it's basically yelling at people for poor performance and trying to get them off the club if they don't meet X, Y and Z. If Chris Pronger never went down and the Flyers didn't sign MacDonald and VLC I doubt this would ever be a topic.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
What the hell is leadership anyways?

Seems to me it's basically yelling at people for poor performance and trying to get them off the club if they don't meet X, Y and Z. If Chris Pronger never went down and the Flyers didn't sign MacDonald and VLC I doubt this would ever be a topic.

Step 1: Replace pasta with veggie noodles
Step 2: Yell at people for missing passes
Step 3: Profit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad