Classic Wrestling Discussion: Part III & Wrestler Poll

Which 5 wrestlers do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Watching Clash of the Champions IV from '88, and Jim Ross's mancrush on Steve Williams is unbearable to listen to. Williams is supposed to be a heel, but Ross just goes on and on about what an incredible athlete he is and what a great player he was for his beloved Oklahoma Sooners.

It almost as bad as Bischoff calling a Hogan match in '95, or Vince doing a HBK match in '96.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Watching Clash of the Champions IV from '88, and Jim Ross's mancrush on Steve Williams is unbearable to listen to. Williams is supposed to be a heel, but Ross just goes on and on about what an incredible athlete he is and what a great player he was for his beloved Oklahoma Sooners.

It almost as bad as Bischoff calling a Hogan match in '95, or Vince doing a HBK match in '96.

I've always enjoyed Ross' infatuation with Dr. Death because of how over the top it was. Even back in 1988 you can see the seeds being sewn for the Brawl for All ten years later. I do enjoy Williams though for the sort of generic roughneck powerhouse that he was.

Say Hey Kid

Gonna get some albums by The Status Quo
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, ATL
Who am I to disagree with you and the Iron Sheik below? ;)

330px-Iron_Shiek_Milwaukee_WI_031008.jpg

"Every hundred year, mother make baby like Iron Sheik, Michael Jordan, and the Jesus. Only one chance to prove you are the real in a lifetime". The Iron Sheik

Reactions: CDJ

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Who am I to disagree with you and the Iron Sheik below? ;)

330px-Iron_Shiek_Milwaukee_WI_031008.jpg

"Every hundred year, mother make baby like Iron Sheik, Michael Jordan, and the Jesus. Only one chance to prove you are the real in a lifetime". The Iron Sheik

Do not disagree with me and Sheiky. We will make you humbell if we must.

I should probably add that the video above is NSFW.

Last edited:
Reactions: Air Jordan

Say Hey Kid

Gonna get some albums by The Status Quo
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, ATL
  • "I'm Ric Flair! The stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' and dealin' son of a gun."
  • "To be the man, you gotta beat the man."
  • "If you don't like it, learn to love it."
  • "I'm every woman's dream and every man's nightmare."
  • "For me, it's about camaraderie. My whole life is like, if something's going on, nothing ever preceded fun. I always put my friends and the fun and the business ahead of everything."
  • "Diamonds are forever and so is Ric Flair."
  • "I bleed like nobody else."
  • "I was really good at being a bad guy; I like that role. Not being bad to people— just talking bad."
  • "In my life, I've been a movie star, a rock star and a sports star all wrapped into one and worked harder at it than anybody else."
  • "My problem is that I think everybody needs to work as hard as I worked when I was in my prime."

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
  • "I'm Ric Flair! The stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' and dealin' son of a gun."
  • "To be the man, you gotta beat the man."
  • "If you don't like it, learn to love it."
  • "I'm every woman's dream and every man's nightmare."
  • "For me, it's about camaraderie. My whole life is like, if something's going on, nothing ever preceded fun. I always put my friends and the fun and the business ahead of everything."
  • "Diamonds are forever and so is Ric Flair."
  • "I bleed like nobody else."
  • "I was really good at being a bad guy; I like that role. Not being bad to people— just talking bad."
  • "In my life, I've been a movie star, a rock star and a sports star all wrapped into one and worked harder at it than anybody else."
  • "My problem is that I think everybody needs to work as hard as I worked when I was in my prime."

Not bad, except for missing 10 or so WOOOOs, fat-boy!

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

Few more classics.

Those are solid videos. I've never noticed Flair's forehead looking as bad as it does in the second video. He looks like Dusty Rhodes. I also get a laugh whenever I get the chance to hear Fritz's mutant voice.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Those are solid videos. I've never noticed Flair's forehead looking as bad as it does in the second video. He looks like Dusty Rhodes. I also get a laugh whenever I get the chance to hear Fritz's mutant voice.

:laugh:

Fritz's voice is incredible and Flair's forehead healed nicely over the years.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

Another Classic!

Stan Lane trying to not laugh.

Jim Cornette is awesome!

Easily one of the best talkers ever People tend to sleep on the young version of Cornette, but a lot of his best promo work was in the 80s on NWA TV. I really like this whole standard wrestling cliche segment from early in his career:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Still the funniest wrestling blooper I've seen:

So here's 2 trivia questions for the rasslin' fans here:

- name the masked wrestler in the above videos ( hint: without a mask he was part of a well known real life brother tag team ) ????
- what name did his brother wrestle under during his WWF stint ????

Reactions: alko

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Idc how many times I’ve posted this

This was the day wrestling died. Everybody knew it couldn’t get better so what’s the point

Reactions: Kaner9

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ

Idc how many times I’ve posted this

This was the day wrestling died. Everybody knew it couldn’t get better so what’s the point

:laugh: Naitch is so happy that he finally get to enjoy Ric Flair just like everyone else

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad