Classic Wrestling Discussion: Part III & Wrestler Poll

Which 5 wrestlers do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Benoit vs Guerrero Armageddon 2002 was predictably awesome upon rewatch

Such a great forgotten match that the crowd was dead for. I don't think Benoit and Guerrero had much of a storyline going heading into this one.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Such a great forgotten match that the crowd was dead for. I don't think Benoit and Guerrero had much of a storyline going heading into this one.

they did not, they had been kinda going back and forth with the The Guerrero’s, benoit/angle, and mysterio/edge and I believe Eddie hit benoit with a belt in a tag match a couple weeks before the PPV match. That was pretty much the storyline

They really just needed some quality filler on the PPV and boy did this deliver. But you’re right- crowd was kinda dead. Little did they know in less than a handful of years neither of these all timers would be walking this planet

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Why was Rick Flair falling to one side of his chest? Not as usual, like all did.

Flair broke his back badly in the plane crash that he survived in 1975. He usually fell on his side rather than onto his back. He also had that giant lump on his back in the 90s, which couldn't have helped.

Reactions: KIRK

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Flair broke his back badly in the plane crash that he survived in 1975. He usually fell on his side rather than onto his back. He also had that giant lump on his back in the 90s, which couldn't have helped.

Aha. Believe or not, laugh or not, that time, when i watched wrestling, 25 years ago, i thought, it is some illegal advantage for him. :DD

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Austin 3:16 Says I Just Whipped Your A**

To Be the Man, WOOO, You Gotta Beat the Man

Whatcha Gonna Do, Brother, When Hulkamania Runs Wild on You?

The Best There Is, The Best There Was and The Best There Ever Will Be

It Doesn't Matter What Your Name Is

If Ya Smell What the Rock Is Cooking?

Rest..In..Peace

Yes!

Everybody's Got a Price

You're Firrrrrred!

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON

Rest..In..Peace

Yes!

Everybody's Got a Price

You're Firrrrrred!

Never... eeeeeeeevvvvvvvveeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr forget Y2J a-gayn!

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Billy Kidman was incredibly over in 2002. Probably a combo of the dope entrance music and SSP. I think I’ve heard him say 4 words

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

Rest..In..Peace

Yes!

Everybody's Got a Price

You're Firrrrrred!

You probably got most of the big ones. And that's the bottom line, cause JACKSLATER SAID SO! Ooooooooooh YEEEEEEEAHHHHH!

Billy Kidman was incredibly over in 2002. Probably a combo of the dope entrance music and SSP. I think I’ve heard him say 4 words

Kidman barely talking was definitely a big factor in his popularity at the time.

Reactions: CDJ and Say Hey Kid

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
There’s never been an angle I’ve cared about less than Torrie, Dawn Marie, and Torrie’s dad

Al Wilson gave his life for that angle, you monster.

I'm curious what someone going through early 2000s era WWE thinks of Tajiri. I thought that he was a very good mid card wrestler in the classic sense where he was never going to be near the main event and that was fine.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Al Wilson gave his life for that angle, you monster.

I'm curious what someone going through early 2000s era WWE thinks of Tajiri. I thought that he was a very good mid card wrestler in the classic sense where he was never going to be near the main event and that was fine.

I think he’s awesome but they would not be allowed to portray him the way they did in today’s times lol

He just green misted somebody for the first time in late 2002

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I think he’s awesome but they would not be allowed to portray him the way they did in today’s times lol

You'r probably right about that. He likely wouldn't be brought in at all in recent times. Or even worse, dispatched to 205 Live.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto

He didn't start misting people until late 2002? I could have sworn he was doing that immediately after joining WWE in 2001.

Tajiri was great and was pretty over as a face in 2001 and later in 2003 or so. He should have been in the upper card, maybe just below the main event (and sometimes, he was).

I'm reminded of the story of around 2004, WWE was trying to tone down the intensity of matches to prevent injuries. Wrestlers were told to slow it down a bit. At a house show, Tajiri was wrestling someone (I think Rhyno) and they were doing just that - having a not so fast-paced match. The crowd was not into the match. Vince McMahon comes to the ring, stops the match and send both guys to the back.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He didn't start misting people until late 2002? I could have sworn he was doing that immediately after joining WWE in 2001.

Tajiri was great and was pretty over as a face in 2001 and later in 2003 or so. He should have been in the upper card, maybe just below the main event (and sometimes, he was).

I'm reminded of the story of around 2004, WWE was trying to tone down the intensity of matches to prevent injuries. Wrestlers were told to slow it down a bit. At a house show, Tajiri was wrestling someone (I think Rhyno) and they were doing just that - having a not so fast-paced match. The crowd was not into the match. Vince McMahon comes to the ring, stops the match and send both guys to the back.

he may have done it in 2001, but I started watching from the start of 2002 and I hadn’t seen him do it until just now and I’m almost in 2003

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Steiner just squashed HHH in an arm wrestling competition. Little does he know how badly he’s about to be sandbagged at the rumble

Reactions: KingHollywood

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bill Demott getting a push in late 2002

same with A-Train. He was definitely at his best as A-Train and not Albert or Tensai

I forgot how amazing Cena was when he debuted the rap gimmick. Doing commentary with Cole and Tazz and speaking in rhymes and metaphors the entire time while acting like Malibu’s most wanted

Last edited:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

Rest..In..Peace

Yes!

Everybody's Got a Price

You're Firrrrrred!

Suck it!!! - DX

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Bill Demott getting a push in late 2002

same with A-Train. He was definitely at his best as A-Train and not Albert or Tensai

I forgot how amazing Cena was when he debuted the rap gimmick. Doing commentary with Cole and Tazz and speaking in rhymes and metaphors the entire time while acting like Malibu’s most wanted

Albert did some good stuff in Japan as Giant Bernard, even on promos. I guess you could still call it a negative though since it sort of led to the abomination that was Tensai.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Steiner just squashed HHH in an arm wrestling competition. Little does he know how badly he’s about to be sandbagged at the rumble

I haven't seen that match (thankfully), but from what I've heard and read, it seems that match was Steiner's fault more than Hunter's. HHH did go on to bury Booker T, but I think in Scott's case he simply couldn't hack it as a main eventer or top guy at that point. It pissed me off badly when Jericho jobbed to him.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I haven't seen that match (thankfully), but from what I've heard and read, it seems that match was Steiner's fault more than Hunter's. HHH did go on to bury Booker T, but I think in Scott's case he simply couldn't hack it as a main eventer or top guy at that point. It pissed me off badly when Jericho jobbed to him.

yeah I think Steiner had recently had some sort of major surgery that he never really recovered his athleticism from

From what I understand Steiner was bad but triple h did absolutely nothing to help him

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Albert did some good stuff in Japan as Giant Bernard, even on promos. I guess you could still call it a negative though since it sort of led to the abomination that was Tensai.

yeah I should have clarified WWF/E. Haven’t seen his work there but I remember him getting great reviews. Wasn’t he teamed with tomko or something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->