Classic Wrestling Discussion: Part III & Wrestler Poll

Which 5 wrestlers do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Weird couples were a staple of the early 2000s for some reason. Eddie Guerrero and Chyna, Nidia and Noble, Torrie Wilson/Stecy Keibler and various guys. I don't know why it was viewed as such a great idea.

these two might be the weirdest of them all. Victoria is biting his ear and licking his face and he’s assaulting Stacy Keibler n shit lol

I vaguely remember Richards being the king of Sunday night heat

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
these two might be the weirdest of them all. Victoria is biting his ear and licking his face and he’s assaulting Stacy Keibler n shit lol

I vaguely remember Richards being the king of Sunday night heat

Richards and his mentor, Raven, both served as king of Sunday Night Heat for a time.

Reactions: CDJ

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I didn't think this was worthy of its own thread so I'll ask it here: can you name some wrestlers who announced their retirement BEFORE their last match and actually stuck to their retirement?

They could have announced it or lost a retirement match.

So Austin doesn't count because I don't think we knew WrestleMania 19 was going to be his last match.

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
Can you name a 60+ year old living wrestler who's never been divorced?

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Jerry Jarrett

Jeff himself is 53 and never divorced, although his first spouse did die.

Last edited:
Reactions: Say Hey Kid

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I started thinking about this and had trouble coming up with someone. Then Ricky Steamboat came to mind because he always came across as a guy that made the best decisions and never got into trouble or anything like that. I looked it up and he's on his 5th marriage.

Steamboat and Flair always trying to one up each other. It's a race to six I guess.

As for the retirement question... that's very difficult. Hard to think of anyone recent. It's hard to think of many wrestlers who even announced their retirement before their "last match" without getting into who actually kept to it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I didn't think this was worthy of its own thread so I'll ask it here: can you name some wrestlers who announced their retirement BEFORE their last match and actually stuck to their retirement?

They could have announced it or lost a retirement match.

So Austin doesn't count because I don't think we knew WrestleMania 19 was going to be his last match.

I can’t think of a single person, no. If they’re good enough to be able to announce their last match and have it be a big deal then they’re eventually gonna get sucked back someway somehow

I thought Flair would actually stick to it after the Michaels match but nopeeeee

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
2002 wwe- Scott Steiner sexually assaults Nidia twice, is baby face. What a wild world we lived in lol

Lol it's pretty crazy to think of it now. Babyface Scott Steiner also chose to sign with Raw instead of Smackdown because Smackdown GM Stephanie McMahon wouldn't sleep with him.

Also, a common thing that happened back in the 90s and 2000s was a heel valet getting on the apron for a distraction and then the babyface grabs her and kisses her against her will.

Reactions: Soul Man and CDJ

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Was looking at some Kamala clips on YouTube. IMO despite his limited repertoire in the ring he was still a great gimmick and I loved his in-ring style. Anyway, came across this clip which I'd seen before, but never noticed the reaction of the kids in the crowd. They say kids were legitimately afraid of him:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

There was also this one. Note the girl's reaction afterwards:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Was looking at some Kamala clips on YouTube. IMO despite his limited repertoire in the ring he was still a great gimmick and I loved his in-ring style. Anyway, came across this clip which I'd seen before, but never noticed the reaction of the kids in the crowd. They say kids were legitimately afraid of him:

Those reactions are gold. The fans fleeing in the first video look like the fans fleeing from Hansen in Japan or something.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Those reactions are gold. The fans fleeing in the first video look like the fans fleeing from Hansen in Japan or something.

Or the fans in Japan fleeing from Bruiser Brody with chain in tow.

What shouldn't be missed though are the great reactions of Kamala over the years. Kamala meets Damien:

Kamala and Papa Shango:

Kamala was so good. Big guy, didn't look in shape whatsoever yet he agile for his size, totally unique in-ring style and to a degree a believable character. While the gimmick was never PC, it's rasslin' and it was a great gimmick too. They could have done even more with him over the years. So much in this match alone:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

I dont know. One side it was perfect for his body. But other side... He was promoted as a (forgive me the words) imbecile from Africa Jungle, who cant even talk. That was sad.

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
What are some of the worst storylines ever? HBK & God versus the McMahons, Oklahoma, Al Wilson & Dawn Marie, Muhammad Hassan & Dairari terrorist story, Kane & Katie Vick, Buff Bagwell wheelchair incident, Sandman's Crucifixion, Eddie Guerrero's exploitation.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I dont know. One side it was perfect for his body. But other side... He was promoted as a (forgive me the words) imbecile from Africa Jungle, who cant even talk. That was sad.

Oh, make no mistake, I totally agree. That's why it was great seeing him at times strike out on his own and take it to say Kimchi. I was recently watching Hillbilly Jim clips and the portrayal of his "family"... You could say the same. Of course it wasn't a black man with a white "handler", but it also wasn't flattering.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bubba was over as a singles wrestler in late 2002 before they put him back with D’Von

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Bubba was over as a singles wrestler in late 2002 before they put him back with D’Von

Yeah, even earlier than that - pretty soon after the first draft in March or April 2002. He was getting over as a singles wrestler and so was Bradshaw. Both on Raw. On Smackdown, I don't remember their partners doing too well. D-Von had that preacher gimmick and the only thing I remember of Simmons during that time is being the guy who would take the bets for Mark Henry's strongman contests. Dudley Boyz would reunite at Survivor Series 2002. APA reunited at some point in 2002-2003, I don't remember how.

I vaguely remember when the APA were drafted to separate shows and they had one last party/poker game in the APA office (or whatever they called it) and it turned into a brawl where the set got smashed up. And then on the next show, somebody (I don't remember who) walked through the wreckage of the set. We were supposed to believe that the backstage APA set was a fixed place and didn't move from arena to arena.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Armageddon 2002. Edge hits A-Train with an unprotected chair shot that gave me CTE watching it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->