Which 5 wrestlers do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Say Hey Kid

We retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
pjimage12.jpg

Which of their matches is better, WM 25 or WM 26?

Say Hey Kid

We retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
wwe_royal_rumble_non-winners_diesel.jpg

Some people who've never won the WWE Royal Rumble include:

Chris Jericho
Kane
CM Punk
The British Bulldog
Daniel Bryan
Cody Rhodes
Diesel
Sid Justice
Charlotte Flair

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
wwe_royal_rumble_non-winners_diesel.jpg

Some people who've never won the WWE Royal Rumble include:

Chris Jericho
Kane
CM Punk
The British Bulldog
Daniel Bryan
Cody Rhodes
Diesel
Sid Justice
Charlotte Flair
Jericho, Punk and Bryan are the most notable ones for me. All 3 were/are big enough stars to have won it and they all had long runs with the company. Bryan might win it yet.

Bulldog was one of my favourites growing up but he was never really a top guy the way those other 3 were. He did main event some ppvs but was more of a high end mid card guy most of his career. He came extremely close to winning the rumble tho.

Diesel was only a top guy for a couple years before leaving for WCW so it's not surprising that he never won it. Cody was always a mid carder in WWE. I'll puke if Charlotte ever wins the men's rumble.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’m currently at a point in time where biker undertaker is using his cast as a weapon and the Katie Vick angle is also occurring

no mercy 2002. Middle rope snaps In the middle of the first match when Jericho went for a lionsault. Him, Christian, Booker, and goldust scrambled and made it all look good

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Found this clip on another site and thought fans here of classic wrestling would enjoy it too. Eddie " the Brain " Creatchman was the top Manager in Montreal for about 20+ years and he is also known for managing the Original Shiek in various territories. This video is from a June 1987 sports call-in show from Scarborough, Ontario and Creatchman stays in character throughtout:

Reactions: adsfan

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
AWA might have been the best company in the Early 80s, but once Hogan and a bunch of othera left in 84 they ran on fumes for a year or so(mainly because the Road Warriors) then soon after they just crumbled

Actually, AWA survived until 1991.

They got a TV deal with ESPN in 1985-1990. They still managed to bring in some talent in guys like Hennig, Michaels & Janetty, Vader (pre Vader), etc. And, they worked cross promotionally with WCCW when it was on the tail end of it's run being big.

All of that helped slow the decline.

BTW, Hogan versus Bockwinkel was GREAT stuff. The Hogan win of the belt that got reversed crowd reaction was the type of legit heat you used to see places like Mid South back in the day.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah right, the future of WWE would never be involved in something horrible.

TripleHKatieVick.gif

:laugh:

The best part about rewatching this is seeing that the crowd does not give a single f*** about this angle and it makes it all the more cringier

They did a lot of good things in 2002 but damn did they do some bad from what I’ve seen into October lol. I was 10 when I initially saw this and I had no clue what was going on, I just knew I loved the Hurricane

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
:laugh:

The best part about rewatching this is seeing that the crowd does not give a single f*** about this angle and it makes it all the more cringier

They did a lot of good things in 2002 but damn did they do some bad from what I’ve seen into October lol. I was 10 when I initially saw this and I had no clue what was going on, I just knew I loved the Hurricane

I was 11 and was just like wtf is going on? While maybe not totally getting it entirely I was old enough to at least somewhat conceive what was going on. Like why is HHH making out with what is a clear mannequin?

I also loved The Hurricane.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I was 11 and was just like wtf is going on? While maybe not totally getting it entirely I was old enough to at least somewhat conceive what was going on. Like why is HHH making out with what is a clear mannequin?

I also loved The Hurricane.

kane was so over before Katie Vick, just completely botched all the way. Triple H was dressed as Kane f***ing a mannequin in a casket and 10 yr old me was more focused on the part where it was Triple H dressed as Kane than the actual mannequin f***ing itself

pretty sure if you don’t like the hurricane you’re a terrorist. I don’t make the rules

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I remember thinking around the time of the Katie Vick angle that there was a clear dip in quality but I expected that things would pick up eventually. Didn't realize that it was basically the death knell for that era at the time.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I remember thinking around the time of the Katie Vick angle that there was a clear dip in quality but I expected that things would pick up eventually. Didn't realize that it was basically the death knell for that era at the time.

Smackdown was light years ahead of Raw at that time. At the same time Raw was doing the Katie Vick angle Smackdown was doing a Lesnar/Taker feud, just finished the tag team tournament which is seeing Angle/Benoit slowly come together and win the belts. They had some funny scenes with Los Guerreros, who are doing PHENOMENAL work at the time. Edge and Mysterio are huge faces. Cena just turned heel on Kidman. Even the Jamie Noble comedy spots are kinda hilarious

Raw has triple H f***ing a mannequin to not much response and is completely under-utilizing Booker and RVD who are mega over. Flair is back and with triple H at least

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Smackdown was light years ahead of Raw at that time. At the same time Raw was doing the Katie Vick angle Smackdown was doing a Lesnar/Taker feud, just finished the tag team tournament which is seeing Angle/Benoit slowly come together and win the belts. They had some funny scenes with Los Guerreros, who are doing PHENOMENAL work at the time. Edge and Mysterio are huge faces. Cena just turned heel on Kidman. Even the Jamie Noble comedy spots are kinda hilarious

Raw has triple H f***ing a mannequin to not much response and is completely under-utilizing Booker and RVD who are mega over. Flair is back and with triple H at least

I preferred to watch Raw at the time and just look at a recap of Smackdown, which admittedly was a mistake. Raw was terrible and getting worse while Smackdown was on the up. I remember around that time that I saw a WWE house show and my respect for Los Guerreros grew a lot based on that show as Eddie and Chavo were the most entertaining thing on the show by some distance. Booker T on Raw does deserve the shout out though, he was very solid in the early to mid 2000s and was certainly underutilized by WWE. The guy often made good angles or matches very good and even bad things tolerable.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
To be honest, when Heyman mocked Lawler's IRL heart attack in 2011, it was about as tasteless and insensitive as the whole Katie Vick thing. Thankfully that was only a single segment.

From what I remember, HHH was actually an IWC darling back in 2001 (seems hard to believe now). But outside of the feud with Michaels, he was nowhere close to as good in 2002 as he had been from mid-99 until his quad tear in 2001. His in-ring style wasn't as fluid, that feud with Jericho wasn't great and his face run in general was kind of bland and then he went on to be involved in such notorious things as the Katie Vick angle, that horrible feud with Steiner, Booker T's burial etc.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
To be honest, when Heyman mocked Lawler's IRL heart attack in 2011, it was about as tasteless and insensitive as the whole Katie Vick thing. Thankfully that was only a single segment.

From what I remember, HHH was actually an IWC darling back in 2001 (seems hard to believe now). But outside of the feud with Michaels, he was nowhere close to as good in 2002 as he had been from mid-99 until his quad tear in 2001. His in-ring style wasn't as fluid, that feud with Jericho wasn't great and his face run in general was kind of bland and then he went on to be involved in such notorious things as the Katie Vick angle, that horrible feud with Steiner, Booker T's burial etc.

HHH after Summerslam 2002 began his ‘reign of terror’ run which pretty much put him in the main event scene for the next 2-3 years and the fans started to turn on him.

We just got sick of HHH being shoved on our faces.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
HHH after Summerslam 2002 began his ‘reign of terror’ run which pretty much put him in the main event scene for the next 2-3 years and the fans started to turn on him.

We just got sick of HHH being shoved on our faces.

The same sort of thing happened with Cena.

He was pretty popular among wrestling fans in general (not just "women and children") and smarks had no problem with him, but then he started winning all the damn time and became more of a kid-friendly sort of character before becoming "Super Cena" and smarks and large portions of the audience could no longer stand him.

I guess something similar happened with Reigns. I haven't watched the WWE much at all since 2013.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad