Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
- the guy in red is the English version of Kendo Nagasaki

- the big guy in the middle of the ring is Andre the Giant. :amazed:
- the guy with stripes on his trunks and boots is Johnny Rodz
- I think the guy throwing the punch in the top left corner is Rick " Quick Draw " McGraw

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Is the early 90s WCW version of the Dangerous Alliance the most underrated stable of alltime?

Rick Rude, Steve Austin, Arn Anderson, Larry Zbysko, Bobby Eaton with Paul Heyman as manager. That's a lot of talent in one stable. I hated them as a kid because I was a big fan of their main rivals Sting, Steamboat, Windham and Rhodes. I think if Heyman had stuck around longer and they had better booking the group wouldn't be so forgotten.

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I've lost all my affection for the AWA, but I've become a huge NWA fan.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Is the early 90s WCW version of the Dangerous Alliance the most underrated stable of alltime?

Rick Rude, Steve Austin, Arn Anderson, Larry Zbysko, Bobby Eaton with Paul Heyman as manager. That's a lot of talent in one stable. I hated them as a kid because I was a big fan of their main rivals Sting, Steamboat, Windham and Rhodes. I think if Heyman had stuck around longer and they had better booking the group wouldn't be so forgotten.

It's a great stable on paper, just didn't get a great push. If a few things broke the right way, with Rude staying healthy, WCW getting behind Austin, Heyman sticking around, it could have been something very memorable. That's still an enjoyable time in WCW though despite the consistently inconsistent booking. It would have been nice if Rude could have won the real WCW championship during that era.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
- the guy in red is the English version of Kendo Nagasaki

- the big guy in the middle of the ring is Andre the Giant. :amazed:
- the guy with stripes on his trunks and boots is Johnny Rodz
- I think the guy throwing the punch in the top left corner is Rick " Quick Draw " McGraw

Bogart - you're leaving me hanging here. How many did I get right ????

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Bogart - you're leaving me hanging here. How many did I get right ????
All of them. Here's an odd thing about the AWA. Except for Hulk and Mr Perfect (Bockwinkel if the reader considers him a big name outside the AWA), they never let the bigger names become the AWA World Heavyweight Champion. Weird.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I just watched 3 minute warning beat up the “hot lesbian action” in 2002

what an amazing gimmick they had to start lol

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I've lost all my affection for the AWA, but I've become a huge NWA fan.

AWA might have been the best company in the Early 80s, but once Hogan and a bunch of othera left in 84 they ran on fumes for a year or so(mainly because the Road Warriors) then soon after they just crumbled

Reactions: KIRK

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

I was doing a deep dive into 1999-2000 for the 20th anniversary of the Devils Cup run that season. In trying to get back into my mindset at the time, oddly I was able to place some wrestling memories fairly vividly. I had forgotten that the Mike Awesome WCW/ECW ordeal happened as the playoffs were starting that season. It was kinda odd knowing that in less than a year WCW and ECW would go belly up. But in the moment, that was a wild week.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
"In 2015, WWE introduced the Warrior Award for those who have "exhibited unwavering strength and perseverance, and who lives life with the courage and compassion that embodies the indomitable spirit of the Ultimate Warrior." WWE Hall of Fame - Wikipedia Compassion? I can't believe they named a humanitarian award after this raging homophobe in 2015!

"DIG YOUR CLAWS INTO MY ORGANS! THERE IS NO PLACE TO RUN! COME ON IN WHERE NIGHTMARES ARE THE BEST PART OF MY DAY! NOW YOU MUST DEAL WITH THE CREATION OF ALL THE UNPLEASANTRIES IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AS I FEEL THE INJECTION (PEDS?) FROM THE GODS ABOVE! SHOULD I JUMP OFF THE TALLEST BUILDING IN THE WORLD?" 13 Of The Greatest Ultimate Warrior Quotes Of All Time Yes, please jump.

"You must show no mercy... nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you...for your greatness will silence them all.” “It is never wrong to fight for what is right, never!” “The family that I live for only breathes the air that smells of combat.” Top 8 quotes of THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR famous quotes and sayings | inspringquotes.us Only breathes the air that smells of combat? If that air is unavailable, does your family stop breathing?

Last edited:
Reactions: DaaaaB's

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
"In 2015, WWE introduced the Warrior Award for those who have "exhibited unwavering strength and perseverance, and who lives life with the courage and compassion that embodies the indomitable spirit of the Ultimate Warrior." WWE Hall of Fame - Wikipedia Compassion? I can't believe they named a humanitarian award after this raging homophobe in 2015!

"DIG YOUR CLAWS INTO MY ORGANS! THERE IS NO PLACE TO RUN! COME ON IN WHERE NIGHTMARES ARE THE BEST PART OF MY DAY! NOW YOU MUST DEAL WITH THE CREATION OF ALL THE UNPLEASANTRIES IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AS I FEEL THE INJECTION (PEDS?) FROM THE GODS ABOVE! SHOULD I JUMP OFF THE TALLEST BUILDING IN THE WORLD?" 13 Of The Greatest Ultimate Warrior Quotes Of All Time Yes, please jump.

"You must show no mercy... nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you...for your greatness will silence them all.” “It is never wrong to fight for what is right, never!” “The family that I live for only breathes the air that smells of combat.” Top 8 quotes of THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR famous quotes and sayings | inspringquotes.us Only breathes the air that smells of combat? If that air is unavailable, does your family stop breathing?
Anything he said about gays pales in comparison to what he said about Bobby Heenan when he was battling cancer. I'm not even going to quote it because it's that sick and messed up.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
His comments about hurricane Katrina were something else too

from what many people around the industry say about him as a person one of the best things the ultimate warrior did was die

Imagine dressing up like he did in the ring and being a homophobe. Kind of reminds me of anti-gay politicians who get caught doing salacious stuff in the men’s room

WWE Is Whitewashing The Ultimate Warrior's Bigoted Past

Last edited:

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Been watching old WWF PPVs lately while I kill the late nights the past couple months or so. I chose to go w/PPV series instead of everything in order, and started w/WrestleManias. It's fun watching them like this and seeing how things quickly changed and grew.

I'd been a fan since the mid 80s and remember at least since WM4 and stopped watching a lot sometime in the early 00s. Soon after, entirely. I'm finishing up WM20 right now and it won't be long before I reach the point where I stopped watching as an adult and go back to the old school stuff again. This time I'll watch those PPVs in order so I can get a better "real time" flow of things. Either way, they're such great memories. It's crazy how much I remember from 30 years ago.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
"On the death of actor Heath Ledger (who had played a homosexual character in the film Brokeback Mountain):
By today's standard, though, I do have to agree that he was a great father. Perhaps even greater then the father of the year, Hulk Hogan. After all, Leather Hedger did what it took to kill himself. His kid is without a father, yes, but the negative influence is now removed and his own child has the chance for a full recovery." WWE Is Whitewashing The Ultimate Warrior's Bigoted Past

Apparently UW didn't visit reality often. Obviously there's nothing wrong with being gay. Playing a gay character doesn't mean the actor is gay. :rolleyes:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
"On the death of actor Heath Ledger (who had played a homosexual character in the film Brokeback Mountain):
By today's standard, though, I do have to agree that he was a great father. Perhaps even greater then the father of the year, Hulk Hogan. After all, Leather Hedger did what it took to kill himself. His kid is without a father, yes, but the negative influence is now removed and his own child has the chance for a full recovery." WWE Is Whitewashing The Ultimate Warrior's Bigoted Past

Apparently UW didn't visit reality often. Obviously there's nothing wrong with being gay. Playing a gay character doesn't mean the actor is gay. :rolleyes:
From all the documentaries and stories about the Warrior, I think this is what a lot of his colleagues thought as well.

As a kid I thought his promos fit his character perfectly, but more and more it seems it wasn't even a character. Just his actual reality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->