Classic Swedish-Russia connections

Batis

Sep 17, 2014
Merida, Mexico
The Garpenlöv-Larionov-Makarov line had a rather strong season together in 93/94. Especially considering the age of Makarov and Larionov. That line was largely carried by the two Russians so I don't know if it really fits as a "good Swedish-Russian duo" but it was one example that came to mind.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Didn't Mogilny play on Sundin's wing in Toronto?

Mats Sundin and Sergei Berezin had a relatively high functioning but nowadays mostly forgotten on-ice partnership going on for a little while in the late 90s early 00s. I think they even had some decent playoff magic going on winning rounds against Philly and Pittsburgh.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
Mats Sundin and Sergei Berezin had a relatively high functioning but nowadays mostly forgotten on-ice partnership going on for a little while in the late 90s early 00s. I think they even had some decent playoff magic going on winning rounds against Philly and Pittsburgh.
You'd occasionally see those two on the ice, particularly with the power play, but he wasn't Sundin's regular linemate that often. Sundin was generally stapled to Steve Thomas and a rotating cast of other wingers during Berezin's time there. They're different players, but Berezin had a bit of that Michal Grabner quality where he'd score goals no matter what line he played on, but he wasn't helpful enough to justify playing with other big talent all the time.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017

I do remember that. Berezin was a fun player to watch. Shoot first to the max

Reactions: Sentinel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad