Classic Oiler Youtube: A Time To Remember

Markous

LETS GO OILERS!
Sep 17, 2010
Bonnie Doom
EDIT: This thread will now be home for posters to post classic Oiler vids/clips they find on sites like Youtube or upload themselves.

I am looking for a DVD of this video to get for my Dad, this tape is his too.

000_0010.jpg

000_0011.jpg

Anyone have a suggestion of where to start looking? I tried ebay, no dice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Markous

LETS GO OILERS!
Sep 17, 2010
Bonnie Doom
I found it on youtube, pretty decent quality. Can't believe this was 24 years ago :shakehead

With the struggles the team has had lately this will put a smile on your face, unless your a Bruins fan :laugh:

Still searching for a DVD copy though, gonna keep on googlin'

Ogopogo*

I am looking for a DVD of this video to get for my Dad, this tape is his too.

000_0010.jpg

000_0011.jpg

Anyone have a suggestion of where to start looking? I tried ebay, no dice.

The only way to get this video on DVD is to have someone with the equipment convert it for you. It was created before the DVD was invented and was only produced in VHS.

I have a copy of this video - it is great. I also have a similar video of the '84 cup run and the 1990 cup run.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The only way to get this video on DVD is to have someone with the equipment convert it for you. It was created before the DVD was invented and was only produced in VHS.

I have a copy of this video - it is great. I also have a similar video of the '84 cup run and the 1990 cup run.

I'd be interested in seeing those actually. Are they on Youtube?

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
I own two copies of it on VHS. It might actually be the reason I'm an Oilers fan. I watched it randomly one day when I was 4 years old(1992). I had no idea the Oilers won the cup. I was so excited. Ran up stairs and told my dad. For some reason I assumed he had missed the news :laugh:

I can't even imagine how many times I watched it when I was a kid. Still know all the words to the theme song.

If anyone finds it on DVD, please bump this thread.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Since I hope this thread can be used to post all classic Oiler vids on Youtube and other sites, this one always kills me

Oilers-Penguins, 1981, Gretzky's first game at the Civic Arena, massive bench clearing brawl breaks out.

This game holds the record for most penalty minutes (144) I believe.

Sather goes nuts and the lady crying at 0:47 always makes me laugh. :laugh:

It's like something out of a movie. Old time hockey.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I'm on mobile so I can't post the links, but if you search "Oilers 1984" on YouTube there are highlights of every game of the SCF that year, along with the division semi finals game 7 against the flames.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

May 15, 2003
E-town

Not quite true, though not in a useful way. I have it on freaking BETA!!:laugh:

Markous

LETS GO OILERS!
Sep 17, 2010
Bonnie Doom
I have been out of town for the last few days, open up the HFBoards and see my thread sticked was pretty awesome :handclap:

These are a couple of my favorites clips of all time! both against Dallas :nod:

AND

If this is gonna be a sticky, lets post the best quality clip you can find :nod:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
These are really, really rare Gretzky Oilers-era clips from CBC's archive, but they are kinda wonky I think if you don't have Internet Explorer. I just clicked on the screen a couple of times and the video starts playing in Firefox (if you have a Mac):

But anyway:

17-Year-Old Gretzky Comes To Edmonton, Can't Cook Own Meals (Nov. 1978):

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categori...wayne-gretzky/number-99-goes-to-edmonton.html

Edmonton Celebrates Gretzky Breaking Esposito's Record (Feb. 1982):

http://archives.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/clips/6211/

Walter Gretzky on Wayne's New Contract With the Oilers (Jan. 1982):

http://archives.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/clips/6036/

Janet Jones Talks About Love With No. 99 (Mar. 1988 ... a few months before THE Trade):

http://archives.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/clips/6219/

Gretzky Talks About His Early Career With The Oilers (1981):

http://archives.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/clips/6215/

Hockey Tips From Gretzky (1981):

http://archives.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/clips/6207/

Man if you want a time capsule ... there ya go. There's more if you search on the CBC Archive Page.

Last edited:

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
any footage from 1984 playoffs

is there any footage of the calgary/edmonton seven game series and four game series between the northstars/oiler?

or someone who has them?

OilWong

Apr 21, 2006
Canmore
If someone still wants their tape converted, let me know. I have a VHS/DVD recorder from work that I can use. Then I can convert it to MP4 and upload to youtube or something like that.

Since I live in Canmore, you will need to mail it to me, and I will mail it back with the disc.

PM me and we can discuss.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Can anyone make out the song that plays after every Oiler goal?

It took me like a year to figure it out but believe it or not it's Meco's Empire Strikes Back (as in Star Wars) disco theme:

There's an image of Gretzky interviewing Messier and Coffey in joking fashion at 0:24 in, does anyone know if that's up on Youtube or anywhere else on the internet?

IamTheStig

Aug 18, 2009
Shameful self plug

During the '06 run, I was all over putting up videos of every goal from each series... up until the cup finals.

I didn't have the heart to do it... and by the time had somewhat healed the pain... NHL.com made it so I couldn't do it anymore.

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad