Classic goals (outside the World Cup)

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
It is hard to find single specific goals from the 70s, so you will have to make do with this.

Le Simonet
Take your pick of goals.

A shame the Danish nt did not accept professional players in the 70s. and Simonsen only really got to shine on the nt later in his career.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I don't know how to post video but I'd nominate the goal Clint Mathis scored for Metro vs Dallas at Giants Stadium in (IIRC) 2001. Basically a repeat of the legendary goal Maradona from the 86 WC, I still say it's the greatest goal in MLS history. To give you an idea how great it was: in those days you had a lot of Hispanics who would show up just to see live soccer but really weren't invested in the outcome. After that game many of them were so blown away they literally lined up to get Clint's autograph.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't know how to post video but I'd nominate the goal Clint Mathis scored for Metro vs Dallas at Giants Stadium in (IIRC) 2001. Basically a repeat of the legendary goal Maradona from the 86 WC, I still say it's the greatest goal in MLS history. To give you an idea how great it was: in those days you had a lot of Hispanics who would show up just to see live soccer but really weren't invested in the outcome. After that game many of them were so blown away they literally lined up to get Clint's autograph.

Checked it out on Youtube, not even close to Maradona's goal. Didn't even go around the keeper.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Bale vs Liverpool. :sarcasm:

Of the one's I've seen live (on TV) for Arsenal: Wilshere vs Norwich, Ramsey vs Galatasaray, Giroud scorpion kick, Ozil vs Ludogrets.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Checked it out on Youtube, not even close to Maradona's goal. Didn't even go around the keeper.
He didn't have to because he put it past the keeper with the finish. And I reiterate: the Hispanic fans who just went to the games to see live soccer and would laugh at how bad it was were so blown away by that goal they literally lined up after the game to get Clint's autograph.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
This one is special for a few reasons, Ronaldinho is my favorite player ever and I'm originally from Haiti. So this is essentially my favorite all-time player dropping his pants and taking a huge dump all over my home country's football.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
One from the Norwegian premier league, televised, prime time:

(equaliser there, by Bjarte Flem, for Tromsø. I mean, not for Tromsø :naughty:)
And one by Rekdal, against England, world cup qualifer:

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
One of my favorites.

This one is nice too.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad