"Classic games"????

Hashbrown77

Apr 25, 2017
Who is in charge of the classic sabres games being replayed on MSG?? Maybe 2 of the games they have shown are considered "classic", the Hannen OT winner VS the Devils and Afinigenovs OT winner VS the Rangers. Where are the real classics??? The may day game...the CF clinching game VS Toronto in '99.....Pommers OT winner VS Ottowa.....Plantes OT winner VS Ottowa.....game 1 of the finals VS Dallas....the Cambell hit game, i mean really, i could go on and on. At least NBCSN has been replaying real classic games, but c'mon MSG, step it up a little will ya.?!?

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Last game at the Aud wasn't "classic" enough for you?

Take a deep breath my friend. Relax.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I honestly think they anticipate having to do this for a fair number of weeks, so they're spreading out those and other true classics to not shoot their load all at once.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
If there's one classic game in my mind, as a 31-year-old, it's the Seantors playoff game in 06 when we won 7-6. That was the most entertaining thing I've ever seen. Peak Drury, peak Briere, peak Connolly, peak Spezza, peak Alfredsson. Oh and Heatley and Dumont and an some guys named Vanek and Chara and this Miller guy.

That was like throwing out all of the immediate post-lockout players and putting them on the ice at once. Not the best-coached game, not the best fundamental game. But the move the Connolly pulled on that fast break was why I wanted to play hockey. The stuff that guys like Grier did on the boards that whole game only made it better.

Reactions: Moncton man

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
How about those games against the Red Army? And any big win over the Leafs or Bruins!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad