Class Act...

Status
Not open for further replies.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
Aaron Vickers said:
Yet CIS has no such ruling...In fact, CHLers are offered scholarships to Universities and Colleges after they are done playing.

and? getting paid $$$ to do anything versus getting nothing is an easy way to determine amateur vs professional status. go back and look at the former rules and regulations regarding olympic athletes.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
Vinland said:
Again you make me shake my head with your bizzare attack on this kid. Call your local paper if you want the pat on the back for donating that you so blatantly seem to want. Phaneuf giving money will likely encourage others to do the same. You donating will not. You hacking on Phaneuf makes me think you a small bitter person.
This is my last post on the subject because you are so bitter and sad it won't matter what others say to you.

:shakehead Where did I attack the kid?
Where did i say i wanted attention?

Beginning to wonder if the old joke about dogs hearing only whatever they want is true.

blah blah blah blah blah Dion Phaneuf blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah isn't blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah good.

Read what i wrote t-h-o-r-o-u-g-h-l-y, particularly in the reply to Vlad, it may sum up my actual thoughts on the matter, rather than you're fantasy about me attacking DP. If anything I wrote is too hard to understand, I'll explain it to you.

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
Aki Fan said:
:shakehead Where did I attack the kid?
Where did i say i wanted attention?

Beginning to wonder if the old joke about dogs hearing only whatever they want is true.

blah blah blah blah blah Dion Phaneuf blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah isn't blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah good.

Read what i wrote t-h-o-r-o-u-g-h-l-y, particularly in the reply to Vlad, it may sum up my actual thoughts on the matter, rather than you're fantasy about me attacking DP. If anything I wrote is too hard to understand, I'll explain it to you.

If you are going to personally attack me like a little kid take it to PM you clown.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Aki Fan said:
and? getting paid $$$ to do anything versus getting nothing is an easy way to determine amateur vs professional status. go back and look at the former rules and regulations regarding olympic athletes.

Being paid to do something automatically guarantees professional status?

We've got NHL (See professional) hockey players in the Olympics now. The United States has been sending a Dream Team to the Olympics since 1992. If the Olympics are the gauge for amateur vs. professional, why are paid players allowed to participate?

And this is beside the point as is.

A thread about Phaneuf's selflessness shouldn't be disrupted by us arguing whether or not he is a professional hockey player.

JT8888

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
Epsilon said:
Michael Schumacher donated 10 million dollars.
He is also the highest paid athelete in the world ever...
But hey any donation is need and thats what counts. 2500 is still money and an effort :handclap:

Roger's Pancreas*

I love it, I just wish hockey got the credit it deserves instead of being shot down all the time for isolated incidents.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Aki Fan, I know exactly where you're coming from, but there's a time where you just have to sit back and give credit where credit is due.

It's newsworthy that a 19 year old kid gave 2500 bucks. So what if it's a drop in the bucket for him. There are "thousands" *guess* of kids under the age of 20 that can afford to drop 2500 bucks on charity. Few probably do, and there are some I'm sure who donate more who do not get acknowledged.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is just let it go. There is no way to turn it around on Dion that what he did was a bad thing.....if people want to make him a hero, most people would be able to see through it.

Way to go Dion. :yo:

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Aki Fan said:
any donation is nice but to me you have to donate quite a hefty percentage sum to qualify as a fantastic gesture.

Dont get me wrong, better to give something rather than nothing but...

say he did get a 1 million signing bonus -- 2500 bucks is not even 1%
(0.25% actually)

now in comparison to say someone making 50,000 per year, all they would have to donate is 125 bucks. How many people have done that and gotten recognized?

Now Hideki Matsui on the other hand donating 481,000 dollars is a story

Having spent most of your multiple posts on this thread critiquing literacy and writing by other posters, you might want to edit this into grammatical english - I assume that grammar is important to you since you post so often about it. Or, alternatively, you might try getting a life.

On the merits of this, did anybody post something about this being "fantastic", or was the point of the thread simply to comment on the positive aspects of a pretty generous gift from a young guy? Your point was to diminish the charity on the basis of percentage comparison to gross incomes - which anyone in the charity business will tell you is weak. If everyone gave the 0.25% you seem to think beneath you, overall donations would be many times what they have actually been.

If it makes you feel better to diminish other people - whether on their charity or their literacy - carry on. Have a nice day.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
gb701 said:
Having spent most of your multiple posts on this thread critiquing literacy and writing by other posters, you might want to edit this into grammatical english - I assume that grammar is important to you since you post so often about it. Or, alternatively, you might try getting a life.

On the merits of this, did anybody post something about this being "fantastic", or was the point of the thread simply to comment on the positive aspects of a pretty generous gift from a young guy? Your point was to diminish the charity on the basis of percentage comparison to gross incomes - which anyone in the charity business will tell you is weak. If everyone gave the 0.25% you seem to think beneath you, overall donations would be many times what they have actually been.

If it makes you feel better to diminish other people - whether on their charity or their literacy - carry on. Have a nice day.

It amazes me that there are so many people that having reading and comprehension issues.

I never referred to grammar - as I know that English isnt everyone's 1st or 2nd language, so there is no need to disparage someone for that.

Every one that cannot comprehend sentences or doesnt read what I wrote fully, you included, seems to think that I criticized the player for donating XXXX amount -- which I never did. My point, again, is that I was criticizing the media and society for finding only high profile persons actions newsworthy.

And on top of it, you and all your other friends here, with your extremely intelligent quips - "Or, alternatively, you might try getting a life." - are fantastic. You attempt to rip on me for allegedly attacking a player (which I didnt) but yet you find it OK to do to me with no reasoning other than lack of being able to read and comprehend what I wrote. Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->