Claesson cut loose

Betax

Jun 25, 2018
Sens didn't give him a qualifying offer (per Ken Warren among other sources. Seems weird to me, I thought he was not the problem on their defense, and would be cheap to qualify. Couldn't have at least tried to get something for him? Was there something less obvious not to like about him?

Reactions: Flamingo

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Farewell Freddy! We will always remember your goal celebration, even though we didn’t see it much, as well as your singing at CHEO around Christmas time.

Godspeed.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
While it's probably not what is happening, it's possible they still want to sign him prior to July 1st and they didn't want to possibly get caught with a bad arbitration ruling that they felt was too high.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Nice kid, but lost his way. I am not sure why people think he was an asset that had value. I had high hopes for him.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
He looked like he could have been solid 2 years ago, then when he was given the chance to shine last year, he didn't do anything to better himself.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The Sens have a lot of good young left shot defencemen in the org, not really surprised. Although I thought they might give Claesson another yr & try & get something for him at the deadline.

Good luck to him whatever happens, seemed like a good guy.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Pretty close to the top of the list of D who would brainfart a couple of times per shift and wore the Sens jersey. Schubert too...

GuyBoucherEvilGenius

Nov 23, 2017
He was pretty solid in the 2017 playoffs but he's a 7th defenseman at best. Him and Harpur were brutal at times this past season.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Falling off a cliff would be a big euphemism when trying to describe Claesson’s play since last playoffs.

Falling off multiple cliffs, simultaneously, would be a better choice off words.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Surprised there wasn’t a year involved, always liked him but alas it’s not to be. Let’s see what happens wonder if he’ll go back to Sweden.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Falling off a cliff would be a big euphemism when trying to describe Claesson’s play since last playoffs.

Falling off multiple cliffs, simultaneously, would be a better choice off words.

With the loss of Methot, Claesson was asked to step from playing limited sheltered minutes where he did look good to playing some tough minutes, where he could not. If we dropped him back to limited sheltered minutes he would still be fine, but with our depth at LHD, letting him go makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad