CL Round of 8

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Also based on that statistic Man City would have advanced due to away goals.

Yes, that's true.

Both teams will have tons of chances to win the tie as both will attack constantly. It is probably going to wind up being the goalkeeper costing Liverpool.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I have to agree. Boring draw. Sad we know we're guaranteed one Premiership club and three La Liga clubs.

Liverpool - Sevilla
Juventus - Roma
Bayern - City
Barça - Madrid

That would have been more interesting. You could even do some shuffling with Bayern, City, Barça and Madrid. Either way it would have been more interesting.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I have to agree. Boring draw. Sad we know we're guaranteed one Premiership club and three La Liga clubs.

Liverpool - Sevilla
Juventus - Roma
Bayern - City
Barça - Madrid

That would have been more interesting. You could even do some shuffling with Bayern, City, Barça and Madrid. Either way it would have been more interesting.
You're pretty confident Sevilla will beat Bayern.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think Sevilla could beat Bayern and have no problem coming out and saying it. The thing about this is, other than one team, the teams remaining all have the capability of playing suicidal attacks throughout the game and have the intention of playing good football. Boring draw of course however at least the teams involved are attacking teams, a big change from 10 years ago.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You're pretty confident Sevilla will beat Bayern.

It was a joke.

I think Sevilla could beat Bayern and have no problem coming out and saying it. The thing about this is, other than one team, the teams remaining all have the capability of playing suicidal attacks throughout the game and have the intention of playing good football. Boring draw of course however at least the teams involved are attacking teams, a big change from 10 years ago.

They could beat Bayern, but they won't. If they do it'll be monumental for them. Beating United was thing, beating Bayern will be entirely another prospect.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It was a good red card, but it was a fluke play that is extremely unlikely to happen again. Don't see goalkeepers get booted in the face every day.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
When playing with 11 men the two teams aggregate this season was 4-4. Klopp is probably the only manager who has a winning record over Guardiola.

Klopp has only ever lost to Manchester City one time. Underdogs suits Liverpool though.

They've been pretty even in England but in Germany Klopp mostly just beat Pep in the pseudo-exhibition Supercup and toward the end of the year when Bayern had already wrapped up their Bundesliga title and didn't care. Liverpool-City record is what counts, though. I think it's an even tie too.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
They could beat Bayern, but they won't. If they do it'll be monumental for them. Beating United was thing, beating Bayern will be entirely another prospect.

They have no shot at beating Bayern IMO. Look, Sevilla are a decent team, but they have a garbage defence. Only reason they knocked out United is because Mourinho was scared to attack that defence and let them play their way out of trouble every time. Bayern won't do that, they'll keep coming in waves until Sevilla fall apart - and they will.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
They have no shot at beating Bayern IMO. Look, Sevilla are a decent team, but they have a garbage defence. Only reason they knocked out United is because Mourinho was scared to attack that defence and let them play their way out of trouble every time. Bayern won't do that, they'll keep coming in waves until Sevilla fall apart - and they will.

I always say never say never, but yeah I agree.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hmmm...if Liverpool can beat City and draw Madrid in the next round, with Bayern beating Barca, I dunno. I can dream of a CL win under those circumstances.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Mourinho has been pretty savage since the Sevilla loss. Putting all the blame on his players.
Did you expect anything else?

Hmmm...if Liverpool can beat City and draw Madrid in the next round, with Bayern beating Barca, I dunno. I can dream of a CL win under those circumstances.
I have a hard time seeing Liverpool beating City or Bayern. Not saying they can’t but I feel like that defense is going to cost them. Yes they’ve been better but is it good enough to defend two top 5 (in my opinion top 3) attack’s?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad