CL Round of 8

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Best two matchups are the two we've already seen a lot. Bayern get somewhat lucky with the draw again.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
Hoping for a great pair of matches between Liverpool and City. Could be entertaining in the mould of City-Monaco from last year. I think Liverpool have the perfect setup to go at City, and really no other choice. The defense just isn't there to try and hold City as a primary strategy.

They might get destroyed, but I hope not.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
PERFECT DRAW. EPL fanboys must be happy they are sure to have 1 team in the last 4.

Barcelona Sevilla Juventus Liverpool

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Hot take.

Just cause Juve beat Tottenham doesn't make them good.

I don't find it too much of a hot take at all to say that I find that Juve would have higher odds in a matchup against Bayern, even if it may just be the slightest. I would have favored Juventus over Bayern before Spurs played Juventus too.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
The hot take was about Liverpool/City

It very clearly sounded like you implied that the other one was the hot take.

As for the Liverpool - City game, I still think Liverpool are underdogs but only by the slightest. Liverpool usually show up against big oppositions thanks to Klopp, even against Pep.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It very clearly sounded like you implied that the other one was the hot take.

As for the Liverpool - City game, I still think Liverpool are underdogs but only by the slightest. Liverpool usually show up against big oppositions thanks to Klopp, even against Pep.
It was separated by two lines to show that I was responding to your top message and then your bottom message. Sorry if that wasn't clear to you.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
It was separated by two lines to show that I was responding to your top message and then your bottom message. Sorry if that wasn't clear to you.

I mean, you essentially called both of my opinions hot takes, even if it wasn't literally worded out in your second sentence because you wanted to take a jab at me instead.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I mean, you essentially called both of my opinions hot takes, even if it wasn't literally worded out in your second sentence because you wanted to take a jab at me instead.
I was taking a jab at Tottenham because I'm an Arsenal fan. It wasn't meant to be taken personally. I'm sorry if it came off that way. I do think that saying Liverpool is only a slight underdog is a hot take.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I do think that saying Liverpool is only a slight underdog is a hot take.

When playing with 11 men the two teams aggregate this season was 4-4. Klopp is probably the only manager who has a winning record over Guardiola.

Klopp has only ever lost to Manchester City one time. Underdogs suits Liverpool though.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
When playing with 11 men the two teams aggregate this season was 4-4. Klopp is probably the only manager who has a winning record over Guardiola.

Klopp has only ever lost to Manchester City one time. Underdogs suits Liverpool though.

I think history plays very little in these matches. Yeah, you kinda blew them out in January but this game will be a different animal for City. Its the most important title for them I think.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It's not just that game in January though, and all of that is recent history. It's not like we're talking about 100 year records or anything like that. Since Pep joined City they've only beaten Liverpool once, and it was when they had 10 men since the 30th minute. Otherwise Liverpool have won 2 and the rest are draws IIRC.

At the end of the day City's quality could win out, but Liverpool should make it tough on them barring a brain lapse like Mane's. Both games should be very exciting as neither manager is the type to bunker down and play for a draw.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
European Trophies This Millenium: Spain17 England6 Italy3 Portugal3 Germany2 Russia2 Ukraine1 Holland1 Turkey1

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think history plays very little in these matches. Yeah, you kinda blew them out in January but this game will be a different animal for City. Its the most important title for them I think.

Yes, we shall see. It would also be surprising if City allowed Ox to run all over the place as he did in that game, or play as slow on the ball as they did there.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Why do people equate Champions League with League play?

Last year's Man City isn't like this year's Man City.

Man City can afford to rest players in the lead up to this match up so that's another advantage they have as well.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Why do people equate Champions League with League play?

Last year's Man City isn't like this year's Man City.

Man City can afford to rest players in the lead up to this match up so that's another advantage they have as well.

Both teams will actually be very tired. Reason being there are internationals prior to the first game. Those could also change the complexion of the game very much with injuries and the like.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Both teams will actually be very tired. Reason being there are internationals prior to the first game. Those could also change the complexion of the game very much with injuries and the like.

But Man City has more depth to compensate that.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
I would say advantage City for avoiding 2nd leg at Anfield.

I think people wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool won, but it's fair to expect City to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad