GWT: CL Matchweek 4

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Nobody is forcing them to play made up cup games. As well as not having winter break.

They also have a huge advantage over non epl teams that is far more beneficial than a few extra games. $$$

The top teams in England don't have any more money than Munich, Madrid, Barca, Juve, and PSG. They're still at a huge disadvantage. The extra money from the TV deal helps out the Swansea's, West Ham's, and Liverpool's more than the top EPL clubs.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The top teams in England don't have any more money than Munich, Madrid, Barca, Juve, and PSG. They're still at a huge disadvantage. The extra money from the TV deal helps out the Swansea's, West Ham's, and Liverpool's more than the top EPL clubs.

The EPL's coefficient right now isn't being bolstered because of their success against the BMs, Real & PSG...though Leroy Sane is leading Citeh to right behind that top tier. :naughty:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The EPL's coefficient right now isn't being bolstered because of their success against the BMs, Real & PSG...though Leroy Sane is leading Citeh to right behind that top tier. :naughty:
You mean Sterling? :naughty:

Either way City is going to be stacked for the forseeable future. Their entire attack is so young and ridiculously talented. :(

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

All but Tottenham generate more revenue per year than Juve.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
6 goals + 5 assists > 7 goals & 2 assists

obvi
Sterling has 10 goals and 2 assists PL + CL and Sane has 6 goals + 7 assists and Sterling has played like 145 minutes less idk it's close.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sterling has 10 goals and 2 assists PL + CL and Sane has 6 goals + 7 assists and Sterling has played like 145 minutes less idk it's close.

Sterling has 10 goals & 2 assists in all comps, Sane has 8 goals & 7 assists in all comps. It's close, but Leroy is outproducing Sterling whether it's just the league or we include the cups. That team is just scoring for fun so far this season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sterling has 10 goals & 2 assists in all comps, Sane has 8 goals & 7 assists in all comps. It's close, but Leroy is outproducing Sterling whether it's just the league or we include the cups. That team is just scoring for fun so far this season.

They are both good

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah as sour as it makes me re: Sterling, they're two of the best young attackers in the world.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I think it's fair to point out that English teams are doing better than they have tended to do in recent years. I agree that it doesn't really mean anything till they make it through some knock-out rounds but I would say a number of them look better poised to do so than they have in the past.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah as sour as it makes me re: Sterling, they're two of the best young attackers in the world.

At this point I'm just hoping that they get Tah, Weigl, Brandt & Werner in next summer. Werner could learn a lot playing for Pep, Brandt would be amazing in that system, Weigl might be the player they most lack, and Tah needs a teacher like Pep, Tuchel or Nagelsmann to help him take that next step to become the next Boateng instead of the next Rudiger.

Sane/Brandt - Werner/Jesus - Sane/Sterling
de Bruyne - Ilkay/Bernardo
Weigl
Mendy - Stones - Tah - Walker
Ederson
--------------------
Sane/Brandt - Werner/Brandt - Jesus/Brandt - Sane/Sterling
KdB - Weigl
Ederson​

Last edited:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
At this point I'm just hoping that they get Tah, Weigl, Brandt & Werner in next summer. Werner could learn a lot playing for Pep, Brandt would be amazing in that system, Weigl might be the player they most lack, and Tah needs a teacher like Pep, Tuchel or Nagelsmann to help him take that next step to become the next Boateng instead of the next Rudiger.

Sane/Brandt - Jesus/Brandt - Sane/Sterling
de Bruyne - Ilkay/Bernardo
Weigl
Ederson​

f*** off

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad