GWT: CL Matchweek 1

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Watching the highlights, Cillessen was nothing short of stellar. Maybe he can take the next step after all. Always considered him second string.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Slavia and Valencia Europa 1/2 finalists this spring did quite well yesterday. That's what you gain with great runs in Europa, belief, experience and it's alays good to test yourself against other top clubs that's how you improve.

Reactions: maclean

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

:facepalm:

Per Wikipedia, anglicized it's "Haaland", just like his father was generally known as to the greater footballing World.

That's not to mention that at least one other poster, whose location happens to be Oslo, Norway, posted it the exact same way, a post you of course neglected to quote, much less that the "Å" is not capitalized. Your dawdling posts are bad enough, but ffs get it right for a change.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
What? 100% penalty. Not even close to being controversial.

It is Håland of course, but when you got three more letters than you use in English then it becomes aa.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
No denying Spurs have been lucky though. Lucas just doesn’t miss in the CL.

Reactions: Fro

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Well deserved. Spurs really haven’t bothered to defend in this game so far.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Are you able to read or what? I don't think I ever said he was bad. If you think Willian was bad when he scored 11, 12, and 13 goals, that's up to you. Pulisic has a very long way to go to do that. Willian is quite average now but that's not what I was talking about, Pulisic hasn't come close to delivering that kind of end product, and I'm still uncertain as to whether or not he can.

As for the rest, I barely give a **** about this sorry country. I don't judge players by the flag next to their name though. Nor will I ever, and I don't know why anyone would pull that argument on me. The idea that he should be guaranteed to play is absurd. Against Leicester he was poor, failed to link up with his teammates at all, and he's been judged on that for a little while. I would be happy if it turned out he was as good as someone like Trossard, but I think people have gone way too far in projecting their own personal hopes onto Pulisic when reality does not match what people hope for. He was put on the bench by Lampard for a very good reason, and for me to defend a Chelsea manager is perhaps unprecedented ground here.

You also have to consider that he's competing with Mason Mount for playing time, and Mount has been far better so far this season. It was hypothesized that Pulisic could play through the center at times, but there's obviously no reason to do that now.

I also don't think he's the best player from this country. Definitely not from the past and I don't think so now either. I think Tyler Adams is quite a bit better player and has more potential.

You didn’t specify if it was Willian at his prime or Willian now. The latter would be a joke to suggest, considering he’s probably a better current player or at the very least it’s close enough that no one would suggest a 20 year old, at the time of the suggestion as he turned 21 today, is a finished product.

I don’t disagree with him taking a seat on the bench. Very few players in a good team should be untouchable that a few bad games and they might not see the bench. I didn’t object to any of that. And I don’t care if tools like Grant Wahl complain. No one should use what he says as the basis for ragging on Pulisic. What I object to is this insistence to always harp the negative from some US fans about Pulisic. And it’s gotten to the point where they don’t even realize when they say plain ignorant things because they are in a mode where there can’t be positives with Pulisic.

Pulisic actually had a very productive season with end product last season at Dortmund, but who would’ve known that? All we heard about was how he was overrated because he wasn’t a starter for large stretches of the season. It didn’t matter that he produced when he played. After the season he had, I don’t know why there’d be so much negativity about his ability, unless someone was predisposed to always harp the negative with Pulisic.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Amazing.

Eriksen lazy and arrogant. Good thing I won’t miss him so much one year from now.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Nothing new that Vertonghen is clumsy, but he usually gets away with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad