GWT: CL Matchday 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't think it's a depth issue. The team that played today was not worse than say the team that was playing in last year's CL at the beginning. Their depth players are not worse than the Red Star team. Right now they're just not playing well full stop, and they need to figure it out.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Hoping for a draw from United today. Then a win against Valencia and Young Boys and we should be good.

If it plays out the way I think, the MD6 Valencia-United game would be both teams on 7 pts. Both have 4 now.

United - 0 pts vs Juve, 3 vs YB
Valencia - 3 vs YB, 0 vs Juve

Drawing Valencia at home was bad. They're not a good team at all.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If it plays out the way I think, the MD6 Valencia-United game would be both teams on 7 pts. Both have 4 now.

In that case, obviously a win for either team would carry them through. A draw would see the team with the best group GD. United are currently 4 ahead of Valencia so they've got the advantage there.

Key for United tonight would be either getting a result or making sure it's a close loss while hoping Valencia either drops points or at least doesn't blow out Young Boys.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
United may have a chance today because we are dealing with a lot of injuries.

Btw 1-0 for Roma. A goal from Manolas off the corner.

You'll be alright. Well coached teams usually do fine against teams that are not coached at all.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

In that case, obviously a win for either team would carry them through. A draw would see the team with the best group GD. United are currently 4 ahead of Valencia so they've got the advantage there.

Key for United tonight would be either getting a result or making sure it's a close loss while hoping Valencia either drops points or at least doesn't blow out Young Boys.

Just realized this is off. Both don't have 4 now. United has 4 and Valencia has 2.

The TL;DR is that unless one of them drops points against Young Boys or beats Juve, MD6 will mean that a Valencia win puts them through and anything else puts United through.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Just realized this is off. Both don't have 4 now. United has 4 and Valencia has 2.

The TL;DR is that unless one of them drops points against Young Boys or beats Juve, MD6 will mean that a Valencia win puts them through and anything else puts United through.

You're right. Totally forgot Valencia didn't beat YB on MD3.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Yes and United are dealing with being United, so I wouldn't put that chance very high.

You'll be alright. Well coached teams usually do fine against teams that are not coached at all.

Okay.lol. fair point.

CSKA tied it. Which is not surprising because unfortunately Roma have been playing like shit.

Mangusson got red carded for his second yellow. A foul on Kluivert. Then Roma scored not long after. Cska thought Pellegrini was offside, the defenders stopped playing. Pelle grini scroed and the right call was nade. The goal wasn't offside. Never stop defending even if you think the opponent is offside.
2-1 Roma

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Okay.lol. fair point.

CSKA tied it. Which is not surprising because unfortunately Roma have been playing like ****.

Mangusson got red carded for his second yellow. A foul on Kluivert. Then Roma scored not long after. Cska thought Pellegrini was offside, the defenders stopped playing. Pelle grini scroed and the right call was nade. The goal wasn't offside. Never stop defending even if you think the opponent is offside.
2-1 Roma

Looked like his left foot was offside to me.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Ugly ass win for Roma , but I'll take it.

Kluivert was our best player on the night.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Nice to hear Kluivert put in a good performance; the talent is all there to be an immense player.

City are in some form right now.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Onana with a horrible sequence. He's usually pretty stable and reliable but this lowered his pricetag by a million or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad