GWT: CL Match Week 5

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Salzburg easily dispatching Genk again, don't even need Håland

They subbed him on in the second half and so far he's scored 2 goals and has an assist. One of those goals was disallowed though I have no idea why because there was no offside or foul.
But it's amazing he's only 19 and already this good - and physically strong

Reactions: gary69

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Haaland hattrick coming up in the last game. Can Liverpool score 3?

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
What a boring performance from Liverpool. Should have gone all in in this game imo since a win would have meant they could just get the last game over with and get some deserving rest then

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
It'd be pretty cool if Salzburg managed to upset Liverpool on the last day, but it'd also be peak Napoli for Salzburg to beat Liverpool and then Napoli somehow lose to Genk.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
What a boring performance from Liverpool. Should have gone all in in this game imo since a win would have meant they could just get the last game over with and get some deserving rest then
I mean...they play this way against every team that plays with 10 behind the ball. They had a bunch of chances just didn’t have much finish.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Salzburg needs a win and play an attacking style, favors what Liverpool is great at. Them being at home will help though.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lautaro is a beast too bad he’s not even the best Martinez for Argentina. Just two amazing performances by them today.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
VAR won't overturn this, but again the issue of consistency comes up.

If Mertens throws himself to ground, that might have come back.
Think if they call back the initial Mertens goal they’d call that back. Consistency within the game itself I guess.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Clutch performance by Emil Forsberg to secure Leipzig advancing with 2 goals.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Actually, not really, they're more a counter-attacking team, they remind me (in terms of style) of Mourinho's Madrid
Fair enough, I can see it that way. But unless they wait for a critical mistake (which Mourinho's side would do), they need to be more proactive as they need a win.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
They lost to Napoli, but Salzburg are usually very good at home in Europe. I believe Liverpool will go through, but it won´t be easy. Normally I would argue it is easier to beat Napoli at home than to get a draw or better in Salzburg.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Think if they call back the initial Mertens goal they’d call that back. Consistency within the game itself I guess.

Resting TAA and Gini doesn't send the best signal though. But I agree it has looked like this for big parts of the season.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
They subbed him on in the second half and so far he's scored 2 goals and has an assist. One of those goals was disallowed though I have no idea why because there was no offside or foul.
But it's amazing he's only 19 and already this good - and physically strong

I didn't see any reason to disallow the goal either. Salzburg matches certainly aren't boring to matches, and with some luck and scoring first, they could knock a few prestigious clubs out. I remember when Dynamo Kiev had that great run overcoming Barcelona, when Shevchenko first came into the global limelight. Maybe a similar feeling about Salzburg...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad