GWT: CL Match Day 6

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Not very impressed by PSG in the group stages. For the amount of money they put in that group recruiting world class players, their project overall continues to be a bit of a mess in Europe. I would definitely favor all the English teams (except Utd) and Spanish teams remaining in the competition ahead of them. They won a tough group yes, but still I didn't like their performances.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lol, did I read it right that the mighty Arsenal are getting the Italia scrubs of Inter and Napoli? Wtf, you allowed Spurs to make it and get dominated in the round of 16?

Another example of how insanely overrated Ancelotti is as a manager.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm fine with all the English teams going on cause it makes everyone's EPL time a littler harder with the tough mid week fixtures.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Controversial opinion of the day: The Anfield atmosphere is a myth.

People who are claiming that are for sure living in the past. High ticket prices, tourists, only seats no standings, nothing arranged in the stands, and the list goes on. If atmosphere is what you are after you Premier League isn't for you.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dortmund were excellent today. Not a good Monaco side, but that was a very good performance. Toprak and Diallo put in great performances at the back, and the whole offense was very effective today, especially Pulisic.

Dortmund can't draw Schalke or Atletico and I guess theoretically Bayern, but they'll probably finish first. It looks like we could draw Spurs, Liverpool, Roma, Ajax, Lyon or Man United. The spot I think Lyon will get could be Shakhtar, which would be even better. I'd want to avoid the English teams. Liverpool would be the worst matchup. The rest we should win, although I wouldn't want to draw Spurs either.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Dortmund can't draw Schalke or Atletico and I guess theoretically Bayern, but they'll probably finish first. It looks like we could draw Spurs, Liverpool, Roma, Ajax, Lyon or Man United. The spot I think Lyon will get could be Shakhtar, which would be even better. I'd want to avoid the English teams. Liverpool would be the worst matchup. The rest we should win, although I wouldn't want to draw Spurs either.

I want United. Dortmund cant draw Bayern too. This draw is possible after last 16.
2 conceded goals is a new record in the group stage.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lost in all the nonsense at Anfield is coco's reaction to Artur falling by himself. That's the real story tonight.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I mean, Barca put out a "B" team, but Inter not only did not beat PSV - but after they scored to make it 1-1, and knowing Barca was leading at the time, they didn't even push for a 2nd goal, just sat back.

I don't know if the Spurs deserved to go through, having lucked into the last round Barca with a "B" team - but Inter certainly did not.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The only real problem that Liverpool's seemed to have this season is that Firmino is massively out of form. If they want to continue advancing in this competition he will have to sort it out.
Next time don't go out and say Liverpool will easily go through when you see the draw ;)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The only real problem that Liverpool's seemed to have this season is that Firmino is massively out of form. If they want to continue advancing in this competition he will have to sort it out.
Is he though? He's still doing his job, he's just not scoring much. Like his career number suggest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad