GWT: CL Match Day 6

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
That was a boring, but very good defensive game by liverpool. Disabling completely Napoli's offensive stars through superb pressure and good defense.
Anyways, they are going to need to get better, that will not cut it against better teams than Napoli.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That was a boring, but very good defensive game by liverpool. Disabling completely Napoli's offensive stars through superb pressure and good defense.
Anyways, they are going to need to get better, that will not cut it against better teams than Napoli.

Are you sure you watched the same game as the rest of us?

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Serie A is really terrible these days. Really surprising how bad the league has fallen for a long time now. What's wrong?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If Liverpool could finish they could have won that game by 5 what are you talking about? That game was full of excitement. Napoli were only in it because Liverpool's finishing was wayyyy off.

Not sure why people are calling it a choke or that Liverpool were lucky. If anything they'd have been very hard done by to draw/lose that game given the performances.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
If Allison isn’t considered the best keeper in the world yet, he is very much on his way to becoming it.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Liverpool did the right thing by not sitting back.

Even though getting a 2nd goal wouldn't have made a difference, their finishing was atrocious and they would have only themselves to blame if Napoli did score.

Also, respect to Joel Matip. Strong performance by him.

Reactions: YNWA14

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
They have been fine. They clearly improved defensively and in net. Salah is still clutch and Mane better wake up. That being said all teams in the CL can win it in their good days.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Liverpool did the right thing by not sitting back.

Even though getting a 2nd goal wouldn't have made a difference, their finishing was atrocious and they would have only themselves to blame if Napoli did score.

Also, respect to Joel Matip. Strong performance by him.

Yea they couldn't sit back. The second goal didn't matter in terms of advancing or how many Napoli needed, but scoring the second means that if Napoli does poach one with 2 minutes left you've at least got a chance to score 1 and win instead of needing two.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The only real problem that Liverpool's seemed to have this season is that Firmino is massively out of form. If they want to continue advancing in this competition he will have to sort it out.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
If Liverpool could finish they could have won that game by 5 what are you talking about? That game was full of excitement. Napoli were only in it because Liverpool's finishing was wayyyy off.

Not sure why people are calling it a choke or that Liverpool were lucky. If anything they'd have been very hard done by to draw/lose that game given the performances.

Liverpool was easily better, where did I say otherwise?
Game was not exciting considering the context, I actually found it boring, definitely expected something more from Napoli. They created nothing all game long, all they had was a missed chance by Callejon and a Milik shot that was saved in the whole 2nd half in which they were down and had to score.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool was easily better, where did I say otherwise?
Game was not exciting considering the context, I actually found it boring, definitely expected something more from Napoli. They created nothing all game long, all they had was a missed chance by Callejon and a Milik shot that was saved in the whole 2nd half in which they were down and had to score.
I agree that Napoli was properly stifled. Liverpool put on a great performance in that aspect. I guess I figure the game was exciting because Liverpool had so many scoring chances, but their lack of finish allowed Napoli to hang on until the end which produced a knockout saving save in extra time. It's not like the game was slow paced or anything.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->