GWT: CL Match Day 6

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Valencia in Espana is to what Inter is in Italia. Lol, allowing this version of United to pass through the group stage is just as mindblowing as Spurs passing through.

Also Ajax is such a fun team to watch, Netherlands might be meh, but they produce a lot of entertaining players.
Lyon should have scored 3 or 4 now. All offensive players are ****ting the bed with the last shot. Incredible.
Shaktar have shot once towards the goal. They're up 1-0 at halftime and are virtually through.

If Lyon wins this game, they could top the group.
I would love to know more about how unfortunate Lyon have been, five draws is nobody's fault except themselves. That win against City is looking more like a fluke as each day goes by.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Has anyone else seen the Muller sending off in the Ajax game yet? What a madman.

He was genuinely surprised.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I would love to know more about how unfortunate Lyon have been, five draws is nobody's fault except themselves. That win against City is looking more like a fluke as each day goes by.
LOL.
Lyon totally dominated City. In both teams, but especially at home. There was no fluke when you do it twice.
And yes it's totally their fault. In fact I pointed out the lack of maturity in their game.
Guess you either didn't read or didn't understand that part.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Saw Ajax-Bayern last night.
Great game for neutrals, almost ruined by an inept ref.
Funnily enough, he got most of the big calls right (both reds and both pens), but he let the game get away from him, was misjudging hard-but-fair tackles from fouls the whole game, making the players nervous and then just letting them show their dissent repeatedly.
His linesmen didn't help either, for the 3rd Ajax goal Huntelaar was offside by a country mile, biggest offside I've seen in a while.
(before anyone asks, ball deflected off the defender, so the moment that counts is when the attacker shot the ball - for the offside to be negated, ball has to be played by the defending side with intent)

Speaking of which, the Laporte penalty incident was another stone-cold red card that should've been given.
He had no chance to get the ball, nor was going for it, just tugged/put his arms over the attacker from behind. Clear red.

It seems like some of the refs don't even know what the actual rule for the last-man-red-card-in-the -box is anymore.

I wish all Kuijpers could ref all the games, I love that guy.

As far as the game goes (Ajax-Bayern), some players had great games (Süle was an absolute monster, Ziyech had a great match), and some were poor (De Jong I though was very ordinary, and for all the brilliance of Süle, Boateng was making shocking challenges in the box time and time again).
Bayern could've put the game away a couple of times, but Onana made two absolutely ridiculous saves on Lewa from point blank range.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Muller should prob be suspended for a decent length of games, that's just ****ing horrifying

It was in no way deliberate. He didn't protest, he just went down to see if Tagliafico was okay and went to look for him later in the dressing room to apologize again.

Same as the Wőber red card. Clear red, reckless, no intent.
Neither player protested, went down to see if the hurt player was okay, and walked off the pitch.

In that kind of situation, I thought both Wöber and Müller reacted very sportsman-like, knowing they messed up, apologizing and not creating a fuss over it.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
All 3 teams didn't look great at some point.
But which team looked great in every game?
Fact is it was the toughest group by a mile and PSG won it. To say now that they're not impressive is laughable.
Which team was more impressive in their CL results? Teams that beat up Young Boys or Benfica?

You have a lot more chances to look "not great" when you face quality teams that small teams you'll detroy.
Weird because you’ve previously denied to me that Arsenal was better than PSG a couple years ago when arsenal won its group over PSG. What’s changed?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
If only Ajax would be able to maintain its roster for the next few years. They’d be a serious CL title contender.

Such a shame we forcefully undergo a total rebuild whenever Ajax does well in Europe.

The match itself was very entertaining, though Frenkie and de Ligt had piss poor efforts. Probably the worst game I’ve watch either play. Ziyech was decent, but I think it were Tagliafico and Onana who who impressed me the most. The former especially has been such a revelation since he arrived.

Reactions: YNWA14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad