Recalled/Assigned: CJ Smith Recalled 2/4

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Should be a nice confidence boost for CJ. Hopefully he comes out like a house on fire and really shows his stuff.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I hope he gets middle 6 minutes and not wedged onto the 4th line or scratched. Scratch chumps like Sobotka or Sheary

Reactions: ValJames

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Would be nice if management was in front of common sense not lagging behind the obvious until its nearly too late
Now lets see if Phil can handle it..

Reactions: Chainshot

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Is this too much to ask for with Smith on the roster? I struggle to find a more defensively capable checking line, unless Wilson can replace Sobotka eventually...idk...

Skinner-Eichel-Rodrigues
Smith-Sobotka-Reinhart
Sheary-Mittelstadt-Thompson
Girgensons-Larsson-Okposo
Scratch Pominville

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
He was given Rodrigues and Reinhart for his linemates. Time to prove he can score

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Is this too much to ask for with Smith on the roster? I struggle to find a more defensively capable checking line, unless Wilson can replace Sobotka eventually...idk...

Skinner-Eichel-Rodrigues
Smith-Sobotka-Reinhart
Sheary-Mittelstadt-Thompson
Girgensons-Larsson-Okposo
Scratch Pominville
Put Poms with Eichel, Erod replaces Sobotka

Reactions: Fearnot

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
JWhite ripped him a new one this morning for waiting so long to do something.

I don't see swapping CJ Smith for Elie as something that's going to change the course of the season. Yeah, CJS is a better hockey player than Elie......but he's not going to magically change things and drive us to a playoff berth.

ValJames

Jun 9, 2015
NC
That's not the point I was making, but your certainly welcome to make it and I even agree with you.

I don't see swapping CJ Smith for Elie as something that's going to change the course of the season. Yeah, CJS is a better hockey player than Elie......but he's not going to magically change things and drive us to a playoff berth.

Last edited:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

Very true. But a good move nonetheless.

We need better goaltending, stronger defense and more scoring. I'm hoping an improvement in any one category will lead to improvements in the other two.

Reactions: ValJames

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->