Newsday: Cizikas Feels He Let Himself Down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://www.newsday.com/sports/colum...els-he-let-himself-down-this-season-1.7620913

"Complacency crept into my game a little bit, I won't lie," Cizikas said earlier this week after scoring his first goal in 34 games. That goal, the winner in the Isles' 2-1 victory over the Senators, gave Cizikas 15 points heading into Saturday's game, the same number of points he had last season in 29 fewer games. He surpassed last season's total with a first-period assist Saturday.
"I stopped myself in my own tracks a bit," Cizikas said. "I think there were times I was forcing things where I shouldn't have and got a little down on myself."

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Zeeker definitely took a step back this year, but it seems like he realizes that, realizes the problem, and has the determination to fix it.

DarkHorse

Go Banana!
Jul 15, 2003
As said above, on a real team it wouldn't have been left to a second-year player to figure this out on his own.

Paraphrasing Mike Birbiglia, Capuano is a drunk little league coach. "Go out there and take some cuts!"

I can't imagine the fear Capuano had when he was told that NBC would have cameras in meetings for NHL Revealed.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
As said above, on a real team it wouldn't have been left to a second-year player to figure this out on his own.

Paraphrasing Mike Birbiglia, Capuano is a drunk little league coach. "Go out there and take some cuts!"

I can't imagine the fear Capuano had when he was told that NBC would have cameras in meetings for NHL Revealed.

Between Zeeker and JT's comments, I wonder if Snow is reading this and seeing that there needs to be more veteran presence on this team.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
Frankly, it pisses me off.

Love CC but his statement almost gave me a stroke. Kudo's for admitting he didnt work hard enough??? He should be embarrassed - hopefully he is.

Blame squarely on CC and the entire organization for certainly recognizing this but taking no discernable action and allowing this to happen.

JTforPres2012

Feb 12, 2012
I think all of the fourth liners such as Colin, Matty Marts, Zeeker all came in quite complacent this year. Last year, they knew they didn't have a guaranteed spot in the NHL, and they played that way. That's why the Isles' are playing so well now simply because everyone is hungry.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying those guys aren't working hard, but it's not to the same extent as last year.

original islander

Oct 12, 2011
I bumped this up to find out what other fans think of Casey's status going into the upcoming season. With our increased depth by adding Grabo, Kulemin and Conacher and the maturation of Strome and Lee is Cizikas the most likely candidate to be traded to a cash strapped team for defensive help?

For the record my opinion is that when a 23 year old "heart and soul", energy type player admits to being complacent, that it's a reflection on him not the Coach. What the Coach does after is a reflection on the Coach. At a minimum a few DNPs are in order.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
I bumped this up to find out what other fans think of Casey's status going into the upcoming season. With our increased depth by adding Grabo, Kulemin and Conacher and the maturation of Strome and Lee is Cizikas the most likely candidate to be traded to a cash strapped team for defensive help?

For the record my opinion is that when a 23 year old "heart and soul", energy type player admits to being complacent, that it's a reflection on him not the Coach. What the Coach does after is a reflection on the Coach. At a minimum a few DNPs are in order.

We just opened up this thread about Cizikas:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1729333

I'm going to lock this one up. Use that thread to ask this question, original islander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad