Trade: [CIN/SEA] Carlos Dunlap for B.J. Finney and a 7th round pick

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Does Dunlap still haves games left in him? Seems like he was really poorly used.

From what I've read he hasn't done much this year so far, but maybe you're right about his usage--maybe that's why he wanted out in the first place.
Has 17 sacks over the two previous seasons though, and can't be any worse than what Seattle has done so far for QB pressure.

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
Dunlap has been both unhappy and underperforming. Everyone besides the Bengals coaching staff seems to agree that they're not putting him to good use, but at the same time he's showed essentially nothing in the opportunities he's been given.

I think a change in scenery could be good for him, but its also totally within the realm of possibility that he just doesn't have it anymore.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Dunlap has been both unhappy and underperforming. Everyone besides the Bengals coaching staff seems to agree that they're not putting him to good use, but at the same time he's showed essentially nothing in the opportunities he's been given.

I think a change in scenery could be good for him, but its also totally within the realm of possibility that he just doesn't have it anymore.
Cindy D has been really awful which makes me wonder why fans want them to draft Jamari Chase.

member 157595

Cindy D has been really awful which makes me wonder why fans want them to draft Jamari Chase.

If you're referring to me, I want to again stress that Chase isn't my first choice, as the Bengals OL' is a sieve. But I do also believe that once you have a young potential franchise QB, your 1st priority should be to put him in a situation where he has a chance to succeed, and Chase fits that bill so he's at least a potential option if and only if you address the OL and DL to some degree in trades and free agency (both of which the Bengals have historically tended to avoid because the Brown family is allergic to spending money.)

If the Bengals take the best DL available at the draft I won't complain though, as it is also a need.

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ

Honestly I haven't heard many Bengals fans advocating for Chase. Most fans are desperate to address the O-line and pass rush, in addition to firing the defensive coordinator.

The general feeling is the Burrow will be good enough to make his WR's better. They'll certainly be drafting a WR relatively early, but I'd be very surprised if its in the first round. Even if (when) AJ green is gone I think they're comfortable going out there with Boyd and Higgins as their 1-2.

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
If you're referring to me, I want to again stress that Chase isn't my first choice, as the Bengals OL' is a sieve. But I do also believe that once you have a young potential franchise QB, your 1st priority should be to put him in a situation where he has a chance to succeed, and Chase fits that bill so he's at least a potential option if and only if you address the OL and DL to some degree in trades and free agency (both of which the Bengals have historically tended to avoid because the Brown family is allergic to spending money.)

If the Bengals take the best DL available at the draft I won't complain though, as it is also a need.

Historically a fair statement, but it comes off a little silly after signing DJ Reader this offseason in addition to several other pieces. They're never going to go crazy but I think they've illustrated their willing to spend more money then they have in the past. They may not ever throw gigantic money at the #1A free agent in the offseason, but their not just picking off the scrap pile either.

member 157595

Honestly I haven't heard many Bengals fans advocating for Chase. Most fans are desperate to address the O-line and pass rush, in addition to firing the defensive coordinator.

The general feeling is the Burrow will be good enough to make his WR's better. They'll certainly be drafting a WR relatively early, but I'd be very surprised if its in the first round. Even if (when) AJ green is gone I think they're comfortable going out there with Boyd and Higgins as their 1-2.

OL has to be the 1st concern, by far. There's no room for debate on that.

member 157595

Historically a fair statement, but it comes off a little silly after signing DJ Reader this offseason in addition to several other pieces. They're never going to go crazy but I think they've illustrated their willing to spend more money then they have in the past. They may not ever throw gigantic money at the #1A free agent in the offseason, but their not just picking off the scrap pile either.

I really hope you're right.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I would think that with the performances of guys like AJ Brown, Samuel, Metcalf, etc from round 2 of the draft that Cincy can always use their 2nd round pick on a WR and still get a good one. That’s a position group that isn’t going to get weaker as the years go on.

stabilize the trenches after you get your QB.

member 157595

I would think that with the performances of guys like AJ Brown, Samuel, Metcalf, etc from round 2 of the draft that Cincy can always use their 2nd round pick on a WR and still get a good one. That’s a position group that isn’t going to get weaker as the years go on.

stabilize the trenches after you get your QB.

If Sewell is on the board when the Bengals pick there's no excuse for not Usain-Bolt-sprinting to the potentially virtual podium to draft him. Him and Jonah Williams would make me feel good about the perimeter. The interior line would still be a problem but those guys are cheaper and easier to find than franchise-caliber tackle prospects like Sewell.

If there's no OL available with Top 5/10 value when the Bengals pick, DL guys and elite playmakers should be at least part of the conversation.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Hard to believe Dunlap has been in the league for 11 seasons already. Feels like just yesterday him and his high school team were clownpounding my high school team every season. Hopefully big Carlos can get a ring in Seattle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad