U20: CIBC Canada/Russia series November 5-15th(6-16th for Russia's time zones)

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
It's 2-1 Russia after the first period. Joseph scored with a weak wrist shot from the point, though it may have been tipped. The game is a lot more wide open than the previous four were.

Better second period for the Q
Tough getting quality scoring chances
No power plays yet

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The Russian team has exposed the QMJHL defence with some nice goals off the rush after withstanding pressure. Disappointing for the QMJHL players. No one really standing out in a positive way.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
Russian announcers are kinda surprised by lack of passion from Canadians in the game. This QMJHL team doesn't impress indeed.

Could not agree more
What they really mean is how come the penalty box is not full in a game ending lights out brawl.
Well, that part of our game has been beat out of us by what is called now “Modern hockey” and ruled up on high by the NHL

Reactions: Hagstrom

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Could not agree more
What they really mean is how come the penalty box is not full in a game ending lights out brawl.
Well, that part of our game has been beat out of us by what is called now “Modern hockey” and ruled up on high by the NHL

Well, I think the next game Canadians will go crazy, they can't look that desinterested for two games in a row. It's gonna be a tough game for us.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Looks like Kochetkov has won the starter job. Tarasov has let in a weak goal...

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Beaudin and Dobson have both played well. I thought Barron had a great first game against Russia, though it's evident he's getting much less ice time tonight.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Russia has some interesting overage draft prospects.

Starkov, Muranov, Shashkov, Slepets, Olshansky and Kochetkov have all made good cases for themselves.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Russia has some interesting overage draft prospects.

Starkov, Muranov, Shashkov, Slepets, Olshansky and Kochetkov have all made good cases for themselves.
Kochetkov has definitely impressed. Random question (excuse the ignorance) but does Bragin coach any other teams? I'm always impressed with his consistency and structure.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Good ending on Russia's end, disappointing performances from the various Canadian players. I don't envy those picking the team.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Random question (excuse the ignorance) but does Bragin coach any other teams? I'm always impressed with his consistency and structure.
He is currently coaching only the U20 NT under contract with the FHR. His attempts to become a men's team coach were not successful so far and are now quite far in the past.

Coaching a team of men with egos and star status is a different animal. I do believe he could carve out a career there, but he'd need to find a good complementary coaching staff. He is the best motivator since Tarasov probably, but he doesn't have his Chernychov to work on the fine tactical details of the game. Without that his systems are too simple. And as many in Russia know it was Chernyshov who was the master mind behind those great teams while Tarasov was best at squeezing the best performance out of his players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad