Proposal: Chytil for Panarin

Who wins?

• Total voters

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I could see the Rangers making an offer to Panarin as a UFA next year. He could play the Gaborik-like role for the Rangers, a guy who won't always drive the play but will be a strong supporting guy in the top 6.
Holy crap, hon. If that's what you think Panarin's role is/would be, you really aren't paying attention. That's like talking about picking up EKarlsson as a good option for the second pairing.

I get not wanting to trade Chytil; there's a lot of valid and sensible reasons for that, particularly given the state the Rangers are in at the moment (I wouldn't expect them to do it myself - why go for a "current" superstar when your team is banking on "future"?). But that statement suggests Panarin's getting massively underrated.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
I think Panarin wants to go to the rangers but not if they are as bad again as they were last season in which case jackets take this and run cause they have no chance of re-signing him any way

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
They'll be as bad or worse next season unless a bunch of rookies come in and take off immediately, which is very unlikely.
That’s my point, as much as panarin wants to be in one of the 3 biggest cities in the us the rangers are probably the worst by a decent margin, I think the hawks and kings are far more likely

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
That’s my point, as much as panarin wants to be in one of the 3 biggest cities in the us the rangers are probably the worst by a decent margin, I think the hawks and kings are far more likely
I think the Hawks are pretty terrible too at this point. Their future looks real, real bleak to me. They've committed to crappy players for long, long terms and have shipped out a ton of young talent with no real logic at all.

I think NYR honestly have a brighter future than Chicago does though obviously the Hawks should be more than happy with that since they won multiple cups to our 0. NYR at least came to terms with what they have and what has to be done to get back where they want to be, Chicago is worse than they've been in a long time and management still seems to think they're just a few tweaks away from another run.

With Panarin and NYR it depends a lot on if someone trades for him this upcoming season, if they do they'll likely re-sign him. If he actually makes it to UFA, it'll be up to NYR management to try to convince him that they're on the right track and just about to shoot up a level.

Overall, I'd be surprised if he signs with NYR but I'd sure like to see it happen, he's a great player.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
6 months into a rebuild this move makes no sense.

As good as Panarin is, hes not going to make the Rangers any better than he made an already good Columbus team better.

Bread Man is 26. You guys planning on being basement dwellers for 5-8 years?

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This is going to go exactly like the Shattenkirk proposals.

Everyone is going to try to force him here at some exuberant price, and we're just going to take our chances on July 1st.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Bread Man is 26. You guys planning on being basement dwellers for 5-8 years?

Ok. Off by a year.

27 when season starts.

Point remains his effect and effectiveness will not be the same in 3-4 years when he is 30-31

And again, I'll point out that his impact on Columbus was marginal st best.

Very good player, but not the right fit.....AT THIS TIME.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I think the Hawks are pretty terrible too at this point. Their future looks real, real bleak to me. They've committed to crappy players for long, long terms and have shipped out a ton of young talent with no real logic at all. They have literally gotten miles younger as a whole in compairson to their 2017 team already. The only young players traded have been Hinostroza and Hartman with the latter returning 1st, 4th, and Edjsell.

I think NYR honestly have a brighter future than Chicago does though obviously the Hawks should be more than happy with that since they won multiple cups to our 0. NYR at least came to terms with what they have and what has to be done to get back where they want to be, Chicago is worse than they've been in a long time and management still seems to think they're just a few tweaks away from another run. Chicago has quietly built one of the top D prospect pools in the league with Jokiharju, Beaudin, Ian Mitchell, Chad Krys and Adam Boqvist all having high ceilings.

With Panarin and NYR it depends a lot on if someone trades for him this upcoming season, if they do they'll likely re-sign him. If he actually makes it to UFA, it'll be up to NYR management to try to convince him that they're on the right track and just about to shoot up a level.

Overall, I'd be surprised if he signs with NYR but I'd sure like to see it happen, he's a great player.

Just wanted to point out the bolded especially worth noting if Crawford played a full season and not just 28 games they make the post season, that said they had a great draft and made the best out of it with Beaudin, Boqvist, and Wise

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
And those 2 games in the playoffs were won because Panarin. And on top of that because our injury issues he carried us at the end. We played a huge chunk of the year with 1 legit C and everyone else rotating from wing and playing hurt. Look at his ppg from say game 40 onwards. We are better with him no doubt... but we dont tail spin without him unless we have injuries like that again.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
The OP is a Ranger fan. Tell him.

Then tell Rangers fans not to make threads asking for him.

Columbus doesn’t offer a discount because the Rangers are rebuilding.

I have NEVER seen the OP post on the HFNYR boards. That doesn't mean he's not a Rangers fan - he very well may be. But even looking at his post history it's not obvious that he's a Rangers fan and I'm not Dionne ****ing Warwick, so I don't know what you want from me.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Not sure how long the Rangers rebuild will take. They have one of the top goalie prospects in the world in Shesterkin ready to take over for Hank. They have a stable full of talented defenseman prospects. They seem to be real strong down the middle. Need to beef up on the wings in the system. I think they will do that by dealing Namestnikov, Spooner, potentially Zucc and Hayes along with perhaps a defenseman prospect. Panarin like most Russians probably would like to play in NY. He would help the young players develop offensively. If all he costs is money than why not. Hopefully, Staal will have another solid year and they can deal him.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
I would not make this trade , Chytil is 18 yrs old and could become another Panarin . Take a chance on signing the bread man next year then we could possibly have both players without giving up any prime assets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->