Church of Rasmus Dahlin

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Dahlin was not good tonight...and still had 2 points. I was expecting 50-55 points this year but hot damn he could very well flirt with 70-80. Before anyone points to the PP slowing down, well that is obviously a given. But the Sabres and a #1 ranked PP is not anything rare they had the #1 ranked PP a few seasons ago.

With the Sabres now throwing out 2 real good lines instead of just having 1 it just means more oft then not Dahlin is going to have 3 forwards to feed who are real good. Last year the Sabres were a 1 line team. This year they added 2 legit top 6 forwards in Johansson and Olofsson allowing Jeff Skinner to play on line 2 away from Eichel. Factor in the deadliest PP in the league and Dahlin can very well end up with 60 assists let alone points.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Not trying to dis him or anything (honestly) but... from 7 points, 5 (0+5) are PP points and from 6 assists, 4 are secondary.
Only 5 sog (only 11 shot attempts) , 4 hits, 2 blocked shots. - its not like Rasmus has had any particularly good start of the season,
everything considered. - Reason (reason for this thread) for his 7 points in 4 games; Jack Eichel, Victor Olofsson, + PP points.

So people should take a nudge or two backwards on praising Rasmus Dahlin.

Honest M

May 11, 2012
Not trying to dis him or anything (honestly) but... from 7 points, 5 (0+5) are PP points and from 6 assists, 4 are secondary.
Only 5 sog (only 11 shot attempts) , 4 hits, 2 blocked shots. - its not like Rasmus has had any particularly good start of the season,
everything considered. - Reason (reason for this thread) for his 7 points in 4 games; Jack Eichel, Victor Olofsson, + PP points.

Yeah me think you are on to something, only 5sog and 11 attempts.... That must be the best way to evaluate a player, really impressive logic.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019

Exactly. He is a great defenseman, future Norris winner etc. but his start of the season hasn't been as good as people say. NHL.com scouting strong, AB13 tier scouting.

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis

Hits and blocked shots, really? He is a transition machine, he shakes forecheck like crazy.

And yeah, most high scoring defenders have a bunch of points on the PP and from secondary assists. That is the nature of the position. Check some under-the-hood numbers and you'll see that Buffalo is a different team with him on the ice vs without him.

JFG

Mar 14, 2012

”Not trying to dis him or anything”

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland

Pretty sure only 3 are secondary assists. Can't fault him for being a great on the PP.

Even with some of his play, 7pts in 4 games is a pretty good start for a 19yr old defenseman.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
the hype needs to slow down, people expecting 60+ points are not gonna be happy by season's end

..why not, exactly? Obviously this pace is unsustainable, but dude scored 44 on a worser team last year. He's looked better to start this season, his minutes could increase if he proves to be holding up as the season progresses- I'm not saying he's definitely over or under 60, just saying 60+ isn't ridiculous based on the growth of the player and how he's looked to start the season.

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
About secondary assists I think might be due to the nature of his game. All tho I have not watch more than highlights he seems like a guy who can set the team in a position to score with his break out passes, transition game and PP qb.

If his shot develops the Sabres PP is going to be scary but Im afraid it wont ever be on that level. More likely he gets stronger on the puck and starts to go down the middle more for the shot which should lead to rebounds and secondary scoring opportunities or feeding shooters left and right after drawing the defenders towards him.

As always, I feel the need to say that I Dont know shit about hockey.

OneBuffalo

Feb 7, 2015
Davis-Monthan AFB AZ
That’s pretty good I think?

Attachments

• 081CDB39-7FA4-43E1-AE78-09A32DDD6C8E.jpeg
    081CDB39-7FA4-43E1-AE78-09A32DDD6C8E.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 15

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I wonder what the Sabres would want in return for him... Braden Holtby ++?

There is one player the Sabres would move Dahlin for and that is #97 in Edmonton.

When it comes to trade value/player worth it goes

McDavid
Dahlin

The rest. McDavid and Dahlin are the only 2 generational players since Sid and Ovy. Washington simply has nothing the Sabres would accept in a trade barring a ridiculous overpayment of your 3-4 best assets and even then it isn't happening. Maybe if Backstrom and Carlson were 5-7 years younger and you added on top of that but at their age just no chance he is ever moved. Sabres tanked for years to acquire their superstar player. They finally have it. Eichel is great and will be a perennial 90-100 point center the next 6-7 years. Dahlin is going to be a ppg dman and is even better/more valuable by quite a bit.

To acquire Dahlin today would cost a ppg+ forward under 25, a #1 dman under 25 along with a combo of 2-3 top prospects and 1st round picks. Just not happening. Whatever people would post in a hypothetical "what would you trade for McDavid" well those type of posts is the answer for Dahlin.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN

The fact he’s doing so well at 19 while NOT playing well should be more telling to how good he really is.

Also right when I read the words “I’m not trying to take anything away” I checked to see if the word leaf was in your username.

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
That’s pretty good I think?

Weird flex but ok

Love Dahlin but thats cherry picking 101.

Truth is that if you are a contender you dont trade players like Tavares or Matthews for Dahlin. If you are like the nucks or Oilers then you would take it in to considiration unless we are talking about Mcdavid. Its a high risk high reward type of deal if we are talking about players like Draistel less so if we are talking about EP +.

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Coming from the guy who insisted until ~February of last year the Dahlin wasn't ready for the NHL and should be sent back to Sweden, I think I might take that opinion with a dumptruck full of salt.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
The fact he’s doing so well at 19 while NOT playing well should be more telling to how good he really is.

Also right when I read the words “I’m not trying to take anything away” I checked to see if the word leaf was in your username.

He's not a Leafs fan. He's a Finnish fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad